Location and Job Title:
Youth and Teen Program Manager
13009 Community Campus Drive
Tampa, FL 33625
The Tampa JCCs & Federation, Inc. seeks an experienced dynamic camp and youth professional to help develop, improve and grow program offerings. The professional must be able to communicate effectively with various groups and have strong organizational and operational skills. This position is a new year-round opportunity and will include possibilities for growth.
The manager will oversee the Youth and Camp programming at the Bryan Glazer Family JCC. This new facility is the former home of the iconic Fort Homer W. Hesterly Armory. With over 100,000 square feet, this community space includes a premier visual arts center, event space, and state-of-art fitness and aquatic center as well as a health and wellness center.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and supervise day to day operations of afternoon enrichment programs and onsite summer camp.
- Develop and implement Judaic programs for both youth and teens.
- Develop and maintain calendars, schedules and vendor partnerships.
- Development, administration and supervision of the department budget.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create promotional materials, adhering to all JCC protocols, procedures, and policies.
- Create Family Programs for the Community.
- Hire and Supervise part-time program staff.
- Create and implement recreational and community programs for middle and high school students.
- Originate and carry out a system for recruiting campers and staff by utilizing website, internet, social networking, brochures, telephone calls, reunions, hot prospect lists, etc
- Evaluate the programs of the department on an on-going basis.
- Function as a team member and problem solver. Be able and available to recommend and implement solutions to problems on a day-to-day basis.
- Work with other JCC departments on inter-departmental programming.
- Attend supervisory conferences and staff meetings.
- Develop and assist other special events as needed.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 2+ years camp leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Family Studies, Psychology, Education, or other related field.
- Aware of current trends in camping and youth enrichment programs and work towards implementation where appropriate.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally he/she is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. During the summer months the employee may be outdoors in a nature type setting.