Location and Job Title:
Berkshire Hills Eisenberg Camp
49 West 38th St
New York, NY 10018
Take a look at bhecamp.org to learn about out JCC!
Berkshire Hills Eisenberg Camp is seeking an outgoing, organized, and experienced Unit Head for our 7-9 year old age group. The Unit Head will supervise a unit of approximately 24 campers and 8-10 staff members.
Essential job functions:
- Train staff on camp topics
- Maintain constant supervision of staff and campers
- Communicate with parents about parent/camp concerns
- Observe camper and staff behavior, assess its appropriateness
- Implement appropriate behavior management techniques for both campers and staff
- Complete staff evaluations and check-ins
- Create, facilitate, oversee evening unit activities
- Ensure unit cleanliness
- Schedule staff time/days off
- Identify and respond to hazards
- Work with different ages and skill levels
- Drive a camp vehicle
Strong interpersonal skills and previous camp staff experience is a must. Candidate must also have desire, ability, and experience working with children and adults. Minimum age of 21.
Residence at camp in Copake, NY from June 20th-August 16th. Candidate must be available for two meetings in the spring as well as a weekend meeting at camp during Memorial Day weekend.