Location and Job Title:
Valley of the Sun JCC
12701 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
12701 N Scottsdale Road Scottsdale, Az 85251
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES: The NowGen Program Director will be responsible for the development and engagement of the young adult Jewish community in Phoenix. The Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix has developed an innovative model of engagement aimed at young adults between the ages of 21-45. In addition, the program will support a new image of Federation, moving from solely the philanthropic arm of the Jewish community to an engager, convener and thought-leader in the engagement space. The NowGen Program Director is a key leadership professional who will take NowGen Phoenix to the next level.
- Direct and envision the overall NowGen Phoenix operational and strategic plan (inclusive of outreach, engagement, and leadership development) with the goal of connecting NowGen constituents to the Jewish Com
- Manage departmental budgets for fundraising revenue and expenses.
- Supervise NowGen Board development, leadership succession process, securing board gifts and NowGen Board communication, as well as supporting the Board in executing engagement initiatives.
- Serve as the public face and voice of NowGen, representing NowGen at local events and national conferences, conducting presentations to the broader community, and holding one on one meetings to share the NowGen PHOENIX strategy, develop key communal relationships, and make the case for change and increased funding.
- Support and/or oversee all marketing efforts for NowGen including social media, email marketing, development of collateral materials, writing press releases, etc in partnership with the Marketing department
- Track attendance and engagement at all events and provide reports to lay and professional leadership on a quarterly basis to support fundraising efforts
- Manage all event logistics in partnership with lay leaders, ensuring strong communication/planning prior to event and visible branding and smooth execution at events
- Create new programs and services as needed to address the growing needs of the young adult community as well as support existing programs such as Shalom Phoenix and Congregation Connection
- Plan and/or lead mission(s) that connect young donors with the Federation's work both domestically and overseas and connect them back to Phoenix.
- Develop and support relationships with potential donors and funders of NowGen PHOENIX initiatives and the Jewish Federation. Develop a fundraising model for NowGen (21-45) participants that helps enhance engagement as well as transform them into donors.
- Work collaboratively with other departments of the Federation in support of the Federation's overarching mission
WORKING CONDITIONS / LOCATION: Scottsdale, Arizona
SCHEDULE: As needed and required by the position
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / DEMANDS: Standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, stretching.
- Charismatic individual that will draw and engage young adults to join and participate in NowGen Phoenix events and encourage their involvement in leadership roles.
- Passion for and experience in relationship building, customer service and driving this into a culture that drives consistent high service and quality.
- Futuristic thinker and executor that will continuously create the next level of achievement in the NowGen Phoenix space and will lead the team to create awesome programming and outreach.
- Driven and determined leader that creates momentum and positive energy.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred. Areas of discipline: Jewish communal professional, marketing, event planning, and management.
- Minimum of five years of experience in leadership roles at Jewish communal institutions (or equivalent experience in a different sector).
- Prior successes working in the NowGen/young adult sphere a plus.
- Experience working with operational and strategic plans, goal setting and hitting milestones.
- Fundraising experience a plus.
- Must possess strong written and oral communications skills.
- Diplomacy, drive along with a sense of humor