Location and Job Title:
Membership Desk Associate
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
The Gordon Jewish Community Center (GJCC) is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational, educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with their Jewish neighbors. The GJCC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Membership Desk Associate is responsible for greeting and welcoming members, answering questions, processing transaction and up-selling services. The job requires dependability, flexibility, ability to multi-task and attention to detail. Must be able to work early morning weekday shifts which begin at 5:15 am in addition to some evenings and weekends.
- Customer service is a priority! Make all members and guests at the GJCC feel welcome and comfortable.
- Greet all individuals coming in to the GJCC and provide the information and/or services requested in a positive manner.
- Request member identification cards and scan cards to ensure member is in good standing. Follow procedures for members who do not have proper ID.
- Greet all visitors and members and verify membership status upon check-in.
- Provide information regarding GJCC membership, policies and procedures, program events and classes, current and upcoming activities.
- Answer incoming calls and route calls using proper phone etiquette.
- Process financial transactions (i.e. class enrollment, purchase of fitness tickets, donations, etc.)
- Process membership applications (i.e. paperwork, payment, picture IDs).
- Follow established procedures in the event of an emergency in regards to contacting security/EMT/Fire Department.
- Assist membership department with projects as needed
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years customer service experience
- Proficient computer skills (with the ability to learn proprietary system)
- Familiarity in processing financial transactions and maintaining cash drawer
- Professional and friendly attitude is essential
- Commitment to always providing excellent customer service to members, guests, visitors and co-workers
- Must be reliable and dependable in regards to attendance
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality of members and information
- Must be able to able to work additional shifts on an as-needed basis