Location and Job Title:
Tutor/After-school Homework Help
Galbut Family Miami Beach JCC
Simkins Family Campus. 4221 Pine Tree Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33140
Who We Are:
The Miami Beach JCC is a community agency with a fitness center, pool, summer camp, Arts & Culture, after school activities and a variety of enrichment programs and cultural events for all ages and segments of the community.
Job Title: Tutor/After-school Homework Help
Reports To:After-school Supervisor
The Miami Beach JCC is looking for a Homework Club tutor to offer tutorial help for students with homework, check all completed homework and assist counselors to work with smaller groups of Elementary school aged children.
- Provide academic support in all subjects for all assigned students who need assistance.
- Ability to monitor the behavior of children during homework time
- Ability to encourage and excite students for completing given tasks
- Creative in communicating with children in easy and understandable language
- Skilled in caring for safety of students and their progress
- Help in maintaining an environment that is educational, fun and safe
- Interest in working with children
- Successful previous experience working with children, preferably in an after-school program and/or summer camp.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be punctual, reliable, flexible, personable, organized, and fun!
- A positive attitude and a team-player mindset is a must. We are looking for hardworking, proactive, professional staff.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with parents, fellow staff and young children
- Strong supervisory skills
- Bilingual preferred