Location and Job Title:
Capital Camps & Retreat Center
11300 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Job Description: Development Associate
Capital Camps & Retreat Center (CCRC), a non-profit Jewish camping and retreat organization, seeks a full-time development associate to join its development department.
CCRC is looking for:
- a dynamic and energetic professional who is exceptionally detail-oriented
- a highly organized individual who is able to respond efficiently and effectively to a variety of requests from multiple constituencies
- an individual committed to an ongoing process of growth and development both individually and as a community
CCRC provides enriching year-round overnight camp and retreat services and programs to children, families and organizations primarily from Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia. The main office is located in Rockville, Maryland, and the camp and retreat center are located in Waynesboro, Pennsylvania.
CCRC is affiliated with the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, the Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore, JCCA (Jewish Community Center Association), ACA (American Camp Association), FJC (The Foundation for Jewish Camp), and JCamp 180 (a program of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation).
- Assist in the implementation of the agency's development plan, which includes a charge to increase both donors and dollars for the Annual Campaign, Capital Campaign, and Planned Giving Society
Manage all aspects of Raiser's Edge database, including management of constituent information gathered from discrete agency databases
Reconcile donations & pledges regularly with finance team
Manage mailing lists, including solicitation, acknowledgement, and receipting
Create reports for targeted mailings, events, stewardship, and cultivation
- Assist with various cultivation & stewardship outreach efforts, including event planning, and logistics
- Coordinate alumni communication, events, and solicitations
- Work with Camp Communications Specialist to imbue all e-communications and social media posts with a touch of development, including writing, photograph selection, and scheduling
- Assist in all aspects of grant research, writing and proposal preparation
- Play an active role in planning and executing summer camp visits for prospects and donors
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Medical/Dental insurance, as well as 403(b) retirement plan with match available
- The Development Associate is supervised by the Chief Development Officer.
- The Development Associate will reside at camp on an as-needed basis during the summer months, but not full time.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-3 years of development/fundraising experience (preferably using Raiser's Edge)
- Excellent proficiency with database management and Microsoft Office products
- Superior interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized and accountable with great attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Greater Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia Jewish communities