Location and Job Title:
Camp & Program Administrative Assistant
Milton & Betty Katz JCC
501 N Jerome Ave
Margate City, NJ 08402
The Milton & Betty Katz JCC
501 North Jerome Avenue
Margate, NJ 08402
Do you want to enjoy going to work every day?
Do you want a job where you have an active role in
shaping the youth and community of tomorrow?
Do you want to work in a place where every day is
exciting, rewarding and different than the day before?
JCC Camp & Program Administrative Assistant
This position uses strong organizational and administrative skills to support and grow the JCC Camp and other JCC programs throughout the year. This is a 12 month / 40 hours per week position.
- Customer Service
- Serve as the face of the summer camp, including providing excellent customer service in person and via phone and email
- Assist a wide variety of customers including parents, campers, staff, vendors, and volunteers with a range of needs or inquiries regarding summer camp
- Act a point person for JCC and camp program sales and inquiries, staying informed and up-to-date on all summer camp events, updates, costs and happenings
Administrative Office Duties
- Assist in daily operations and implementation of current JCC programs for youth, adults and seniors.
- Complete necessary administrative duties, such as email communication, document revision, attendance rosters, mailers, parent letters, waivers and phone calls.
- Organize, facilitate and follow up with all employment paperwork for summer staff team
- Oversee the ongoing registration and billing of campers, send invoices/bills to parents and follow up with payment.
- Coordinate visiting overnight groups to the JCC
- Work alongside Camp Director to coordinate the JCC's Teen Tour paperwork, checks, letters, confirmation and waivers.
- Work with the Camp Director to coordinate the program's bus, supply and program needs for camp and other programs.
- Passionate about the mission and vision of the camp
- Self-motivated, proactive, resourceful and creative problem solver
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Commitment to excellent customer service and a positive attitude
- Collaborative team player who can work together with camp team and work independently
- Skills in MS Office (Word, Excel) as well as relevant billing systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse pool of personalities.