Location and Job Title:
Operations/Administrative Manager, Camp Chi
30 S. Wells St.
Chicago, IL 60606
JCC Chicago's Camp Chi is one of the Midwest's premier resident camps. Each summer, Chi serves 1,200+ boys and girls in 4th-11th grade through two-, four- and eight-week camp sessions. Set on 600 acres near the Wisconsin Dells, Chi offers the best facilities and over 30 specialty activities that aim to build campers' skills and boost self esteem.
The Operations/Administrative Manager is responsible for efficiently facilitating all administrative and business operations related to Camp Chi and Perlstein. The Manager is responsible for providing oversight, coordination and best practice systems and, as a key liaison with the agency staff, customers and the community, providing the framework by which their staff provides the very highest level of customer service.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Hire, supervise and coach Resident Camping administrative team.
- Manage all business operations for Camp Chi and Perlstein Resort.
- Reconcile daily financial reports and bank deposits.
- Oversee and manage collection of fees for all Resident Camp programs.
- Review and prepare monthly aging report for Resident Camping review with Director. Collect on outstanding payments past final due date and manage of payment extensions.
- Manage Financial Assistance processes and communications.
- Process payments for Perlstein.
- Manage and report out of databases including CampMinder and Daxko.
- Code and submit all invoices and track for reporting.
- Credit card management for resident camp staff.
- Serve as liaison to families, Jewish Federation and Foundation for Jewish Camp staff in the administration of the One Happy Camper scholarship process.
- Supervise Chi gear store and summer canteen.
- Manage camper trip account and petty cash.
- Management of Camp USA (Israeli Campers) business operations.
- Serve as IS Liaison for Resident Camp team.
- Manage and distribute summer payroll.
- Play an instrumental role in the sales of all camp programs (day and residential); be knowledgeable about Agency programs in order to cross sell. Refer questions to the appropriate staff.
- Be a champion user in the set up and implementation of Agency databases, such as Daxko, Event Manager, Ultipro, H and H purchasing, and Campminder. Train and support staff.
- Work with supervisor and Financial Manager to develop and remain compliant with administrative budgets, especially in relation to payroll, program pricing, transportation, purchasing, and supplies.
- Play active role in interviewing, hiring and training seasonal administrative staff: work with Operations Coordinator to create and oversee formal evaluation of summer administrative staff.
Fall-Spring Offices: Northbrook, IL
Summer Offices: Camp Chi (Lake Delton, WI)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or Management or related required
- 5+ year's previous administrative experience including process & procedure development and implementation.
- Demonstrated success managing business operations (bookkeeping, budgets and business process & procedure).
- Experience working in a highly customer-focused environment required; experience in a camping environment preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience in a highly customer-focused environment; experience within a camping environment highly preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel and databases with the ability to learn other technology as needed; proficiency with CampMinder and /or Daxko preferred.
- Experience managing and reporting out of databases.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with various members of the community in a friendly, courteous manner.
- A strong team player with the willingness and ability to go above and beyond.
- Must have strong ability for follow up and follow through.
- Must be HIGHLY organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be willing and able to work onsite at Camp Chi (June-August).
APPLICATIONS TAKEN ONLY ONLY: