Location and Job Title:
Morning Manager on Duty
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
The morning Manager on Duty (MOD) is responsible for opening the facility on time, oversee the fitness staff, handle any customer service issues, make sure the facility is safe and make rounds throughout the entire building.
- AM Manager On Duty (MOD) Job Responsibilities:
- The MOD needs to be versatile and knowledgeable in all departments. They are responsible for each Member's experience while on shift. As acting Manager for all operating departments, they will be required to solve member and/or staff issues alike. This position is an active supporting role that will rely heavily on professionalism, quick-thinking problem solving, proper communication and building relationships.
- Manage and supervise all Sports & Wellness Department related programming at the Uptown JCC location during all hours scheduled. These programs include, but are not limited to, fitness, sports, aquatics, and membership.
- Direct coordination and day to day supervision of all fitness floor staff, fitness desk staff, personal trainers, lifeguards, referees and game staff, and group exercise class instructors during hours scheduled.
- Supervise operation of the Uptown JCC Fitness Center including opening or closing the facility.
- Be support staff person to ALL departments and staff present during these times.
- Act as first responder to all emergencies and incidences (medical or otherwise) when on duty.
- Check in with all departments staff members, events, etc. during shift.
- Complete several walk-throughs during each shift to check on all areas of the facility and report any functional or cleanliness issues.
- Complete and submit a daily report on the facility needs and any noteworthy incidents or feedback that occurred throughout their shift.
- Learn how to work in all departments (including opening procedures) and step in to help as needed.
- Assist with training new staff as required.
- Learn the department expectations for each area within the Sports & Wellness Department and uphold all policies and procedures for absent Department Directors.
- Assist with all customer service issues that occur during their shift to maintain the high level of customer service expected by New Orleans JCC.
- Communicate with all Department Directors as needed regarding incidents, feedback, etc.
- Be a liaison and build ongoing relationships between members, staff, and programs.
- Familiarize yourself with other programming taking place in the building each day.
- Implement fitness-based programming in conjunction with the Wellness Director.
- Substitute for employees when coverage is needed. In the event that someone does not show up for a shift and no one can substitute for that shift, you are to assume the duties of that staff person.
- Act as part of the new member orientation team, scheduling and providing orientation programming with all new members assigned to you during your shift.
- Work with other Uptown JCC staff to provide membership services, such as tours of the facility, providing information, and signing up new members in our system.
- Ensure the overall cleanliness, safety, and security of the facility. This will include taking it upon yourself to help out with cleaning and/or laundry duties, empowering staff to make sure that all activities at the JCC are completed in the most safe and secure manner, mandating that all members and guests be checked in at the fitness desk, mandating that all members and guests adhere to all of the JCC's policies and procedures, and coordinating staff to make sure that each of these jobs gets done.
- Work with fitness desk staff to ensure that all programming needs are met for members.
- All candidates must have current AED and CPR certifications.
- Report to the GM of Sports & Wellness and complete any additional tasks as assigned.