Location and Job Title:
Department Director/Children and Family Services
JCC of Greater Pittsburgh
5738 Forbes Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Primarily responsible for the planning, development, execution, and ongoing management of Children and Family Services for the South Hills Branch of the Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh, which consists of the following programmatic areas: Days Out, Short Stop Babysitting, Family programming, summer daycamp and Judaic and community-wide initiatives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements short- and long-range program goals for the JCC in keeping with the mission and annual operating plan of the agency.
- Oversees programs and services to meet the needs of families and their children.
- Works closely with agency personnel in the provision of comprehensive children and family program services.
- Coordinates and develops Judaic programming.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal and local regulating agencies.
- Institutes outreach plans to generate increased enrollment of program services.
- Maintains effective working relationships with parents and staff members.
- Oversees summer daycamp program for the Branch.
- Supervises and develops work schedules for part-time personnel, as required.
- Develops policies and procedures.
- Develops and monitors program budgets.
- Assists in recruitment, hiring and training of personnel.
- Works closely with other department personnel in creating and implementing agency-wide and inter-departmental programs.
- Maintains agency customer service standards, in keeping with established policies and procedures.
- Actively promotes and maintains agency customer service standards.
- Adheres to Jewish Community Center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates kindness/chesed with fellow staff and members.
- Shows respect/kavod for self, fellow staff and members; honors others as they would honor themselves.
- Works to nurture tikkun middot/character within their role and others.
- Recognizes that the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh gathers individuals representing diverse backgrounds, beliefs and practices.
- Creates a warm and welcoming environment within the agency.
- Generates necessary reports and documentation as needed and/or required.
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and manage in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate personal computers (hardware and software).
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
Ability to perform other related duties, as needed and/or required.
- SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Part-Time and Seasonal personnel
- SUPERVISION RECEIVED:Supervision from Branch Director
Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or related field, and
at least five (5) years' experience working with children and families with at
least (2) two years' experience in an administrative capacity, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
While performing the
duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The
employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Frequently he/she is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to lift
up to 25 pounds and seldom required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral
vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
FBI Clearance and
Mandated Reporter Training
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER