Location and Job Title:
Full Time Assistant Teacher Infant/Toddler
Dwares JCC of the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island
401 Elmgrove Ave
Providence, RI 02906
Responsible for assisting the Lead Teacher in developing and implementing a program of activities that promotes the social, emotional and physical development of each child enrolled in a group in accordance with NAEYC and Brightstars Performance Standards.
- Participate in staff meetings, center activities, and staff development.
- Assist Lead Teacher in reviewing the progress of each child and developing written plans to promote each child's growth and development.
- Maintain a well-organized, safe and attractive classroom environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of children.
- Develop a positive relationship with each child and promote the development of self-esteem and self-discipline.
- Assist Lead Teacher in planning and implementing the daily program of activities based on principles of child development and in accordance with the program's curriculum
- Observe each child daily to assess skills, interests, and needs and use this information to facilitate learning and growth.
- Establish a positive relationship with each child's family and share information about the child's day at the Center.
- Must have Associates Degree or CDA in Early Childhood Education
- Must be CPR Certified
- At least 2 years' experience in an infant classroom
- Must demonstrate experience and interest in working with young children, parents, and volunteers.
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of appropriate practices in early childhood development including working with parents.
- Must demonstrate success in working as a member of a team.
- Must have effective and strong communication skills (orally and written).
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well with young children.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours in order to meet the needs of the program.