Location and Job Title:
800 Foster City Blvd
Foster City, CA 94404
moving to its new home in Foster City in 2004, the PJCC has grown to more than
10,000 members. For over 60 years, the
PJCC has worked to inspire a sense of community in San Mateo County. Award winning programs in Early Childhood
Education, youth sports and an array of cultural events further its mission to build a caring and connected community,
develop leadership and strengthen Jewish identity and values in an environment that is
welcoming to all people at every stage of life.
Summary: The Facilities Worker is responsible for cleaning the facilities and minor maintenance at the Peninsula Jewish Community Center site. Also responsible for set up of programs, events and classes and other related tasks as assigned.
Maintains cleanliness and curb appeal of interior and exterior of facility, including, but not limited to:
- Maintenance of trash and recycle bins including disposing of trash;
- Conducting trash patrols and picking up any trash in exterior areas and parking lots;
- Sweeps, vacuums, scrubs, pressure washes and/or mops (including gum removal) interior and/or exterior concrete areas, floors, walls, ceilings, windows, sills, woodwork, upholstered furniture, rugs and carpets;
- Inspects perimeter of facility, parking lots, landscaping and exterior of buildings and reports any damaged or broken items, landscape issues, and/or safety hazards.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas including organizing and cleaning facilities office, work area and work bench.
Repair, maintenance and operations of the physical facility, equipment and furniture including, but not limited to:
- Replacement of light bulbs;
- Minor painting and wall repair;
- Ceiling tile replacement;
- Door closure, Locker adjustments;
- Thermostat adjustments;
- Minor plumbing repair including toilet and sink stoppages;
- Furniture assembly;
- Sets up and breaks down for classes, programs and events;
- Knowledge and proficiency in proper and safe use of hand/power tools used in repairs and light construction;
- Carries two-way radio at all times and maintains constant contact using prescribed radio technique;
- Restocks kitchen and break room supplies;
- Orders and purchases supplies and maintains inventory;
- Pick up and delivery;
- Other duties as assigned
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average weight objects up to 50 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
40 hours, Sunday - Thursday
Sunday, 9:30 - 6:00; Monday, 12:00 - 8:30 pm; Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 1:00 - 9:30 pm. Daily schedule start and end time may vary slightly depending on need.
Great benefits include medical, dental, vacation, sick leave, a 403(b) retirement plan with matching contribution, holidays (10 to 16 depending on Jewish Holidays), Life, LTD and AD&D, section 125 health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, an Employee Assistance Program, full PJCC membership and access to all athletic facilities for you and your household members, and discounts on various classes, camps, after school program and our award winning pre-school.
***3% salary increase on 7/1/17.
Please apply online using the link listed.
- Read and understand daily work schedule, online work order system, safety regulations, instructions and maintenance manuals and Center policies;
- Fill out reports and orders as required;
- Knowledge and proficiency in proper and safe use of hand/power tools used in repairs and light construction.
- Valid Driver's license.
- 1+ year of relevant experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.