Location and Job Title:
Summer Camp Counselor
Oshman Family JCC
3921 Fabian Way
Palo Alto, CA 94303
The Oshman Family Jewish Community Center (OFJCC) on the Taube Koret Campus for Jewish Life is one of the most exciting and innovative non-profit organizations in Silicon Valley. Collaborating with tech companies, national organizations and local non-profits, the OFJCC is reinventing what it means to enrich lives, build community and inspire Jewish journeys. Our vision is to be the architects of the Jewish future, and we are executing our mission by creating meaningful, inclusive and joyful experiences for everyone in the South Peninsula (and beyond) through educational, social, cultural, spiritual, fitness, and other wellness programs. Our diverse and passionate staff works hand-in-hand with hundreds of committed volunteers to make our modern 8.5-acre campus a truly special place for the 15,000+ visitors every week. For more information, visit www.paloaltojcc.org or call 650.223.8600.
Overview of the Role:
Are you passionate about working with children in an engaging summer camp environment? Then you belong here! We are searching for talented and qualified individuals who are comfortable interacting with and supervising children ranging from 5-12 years old. Responsibilities include assisting and participating in the development and implementation of program activities for campers.
What you'll do: Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee an assigned group of 6-10 campers during the camp day to ensure the safety of the child
- Assist in the direction, supervision and organization of campers in their camper groups
- Participate in the development and implementation of program activities for campers and make suggestions for improvement when necessary
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff
- Be a role model to campers and staff by maintaining a positive attitude when interacting with campers
- Adhere to and maintain J-Camp policies and procedures and operate activities in a safe manner
- Handle and address parent concerns and questions promptly and appropriately; informing Camp Director when relevant
- Attend required staff meetings and pre-camp training
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1+ years of experience working with youth in a camp or other recreational setting
- Ability to interact with all age levels
- Certified in CPR for Children and Adults (or ability to obtain certification upon employment)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate information clearly (written and oral)
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Ability to make sound independent judgment and decisions when circumstances arise
- Positive, upbeat and enthusiastic about working with children
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse group that includes OFJCC staff, parents, children and the public
- Available Monday-Friday from June 5-August 18
If interested and qualified, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.