Location and Job Title:
Summer Camp Program Director and CIT director
1160 Dickinson St
Springfield, MA 01108
About the Springfield JCC: Conveniently located in Springfield on the border of Longmeadow, the Springfield Jewish Community Center is both a recreational and learning facility serving the Jewish and general communities of Greater Springfield, including East Longmeadow, Longmeadow, Springfield, Wilbraham, and Agawam. All are welcome to participate in our programs, which span all age groups, from PRESCHOOLERS through ADULTS.
Position Summary: Serves under the direct supervision of the Camp Director. Responsible for the supervision and support of all program area, including specialists and specialty camps. Strives to further the mission of the JCC by creating quality programming for the JCC's membership and the larger Springfield community.
All employees of the Springfield JCC are responsible for creating relationships with the members, to add value to their membership, and to enhance their sense of belonging with the JCC community.
- Oversees camp specialists and Counselors in Training (14 and 15 year old group).
- Provides development for CITs, prepares them for being counselors
- Takes CITs on 5 day, 4 night overnight retreat during the summer
- Takes responsibility as one of the senior staff at Camp JCC
- Responsible for promoting, supplying, and setting up for specialty theme days.
- Work with the Camp Director on creating specialist schedules that correspond with the group and unit schedules.
- Work with the Specialists and Camp Director to present the weekly Jewish Value in a positive way.
- Work with the Camp Director to create rainy day alternate plans for all camp groups.
- Work with the Specialists and Camp Director to lead a week-long Maccabi Color War Olympics.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of specialty programs and specialty areas at camp
- Provide coverage or an alternate plan for any specialist or specialty camp counselor who is absent.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must by physically able to be on their feet for the entire shift.
- Applicants should have at least 3-5 years experience working with children in a structured setting.
- Must enjoy working with children and be active as well as adaptable to change.
- Applicants must be prepared to work in a professional environment and must be dependable.
- Must show strong leadership skills, enjoy working in a team setting, and have the desire to build relationships with children, parents, peers, and co-workers.
- Must be a team player and a strong communicator.