Location and Job Title:
Evening Facilities Technician
Aaron Family JCC of Dallas
7900 Northaven Rd
Dallas, TX 75230
The Jewish Community
Center (The J) of Dallas consists of a 173,000 square foot facility, which
offers social, recreational, educational and cultural activities for all ages -
from toddlers to senior adults. The JCC also serves as a meeting place for
community organizations. The mission of the J is to build a dynamic Jewish
community by promoting the interests and welfare of the Jewish community at a
center where all Jews are welcome; furthering an appreciation and understanding
of a shared Jewish heritage; fostering personal growth of its members through
cultural, educational, social, recreational, and civic activities;
strengthening and enriching Jewish family life; and promoting understanding
with and contributing to the common good of the general community. The Jewish
Community Center of Dallas is a 501c3 non-profit organization.
The Evening Facilities Technician assumes the lead role managing the efficient operations of the JCC during their shift. This part time, non-exempt position will work 16 hours per week. The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
Work hours will be Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Familiarize yourself with all programs, activities and meetings scheduled nightly.
- Check in with the Front Desk and the Sports & Fitness Desk. Let staff members know how to contact you if they need assistance.
- Walk the facility, check room set ups and assist with set ups as needed throughout shift.
- Report any inconsistencies from the day-sheet to the Special Events & Hospitality Director and to the Facilities Supervisor.
- Be the contact person for staff, members, and visitors until closing.
- Be readily available for all that may arise; coordinating efforts with the Front Desk staff.
- Immediately report any problems to the appropriate on site staff person.
- Perform light maintenance; including painting, touch ups, dry wall repairs, light assembly, ceiling panel replacements, bulb replacements, and other general repairs as needed.
- Coordinate with overnight janitorial crew and make sure towel operation is running smoothly.
- Send an email to the Facilities Supervisor at the end of every shift recapping the nightly events.
- Clear the main building prior to ending shift.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the lead staff person in managing health and safety issues by following the proper procedures in the JCC Emergency Manual.
- Take the lead or assist in all health related emergencies. Call 911, direct ambulance and direct traffic flow as needed.
- Fill out incident report or confirm attending staff member fills out incident report and turns it in.
- Take the lead in all safety related emergencies, i.e., fire, weather, facility, and security.
- Communicate emergencies immediately to the Facilities Manager, Assistant Executive Director, CEO or Associate Director when necessary.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years Facilities Technician experience.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must take initiative and require little supervision.
- Maturity, punctuality and reliability are a must.
- Professional appearance, manner and tone.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed and on short notice.
- A valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Basic computer knowledge; ability to send and receive emails.
- Must be able to pass background check.