Location and Job Title:
Front desk / Customer Service / Sales Position
5625 Arlington Ave
Bronx, NY 10471
The Riverdale Y is a 75,000 sq. ft. Jewish Community Center that supports the community at large through an array of social, educational, recreational, cultural, and wellness programming for children and adults of all ages. The Y features an early childhood center, summer day camps and after school programs, active senior center, a robust performing arts center, and health & wellness center that includes cardio and free weight studios, group exercise classes, full sized gymnasium, indoor swimming pool, steam room, sauna and massage therapy.
The Riverdale YM-YWHA is seeking an outgoing, mature individual to work at our main reception desk. The individual in this position will be responsible for delivering the highest quality customer service to all members and guests through professional greetings, account maintenance, and extensive knowledge of programs and services. They will proactively meet the needs of members and accurately answer questions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greeting and service members in a friendly and professional manner
- Providing information, customer service, selling and handling purchases of membership, classes and more
- Attentively and promptly responding to member needs
- Answering phones and responding to messages regarding membership accounts
- Entering sales transactions for members, including program and service payments
- Assisting members, visitors and staff as necessary
- Taking phone and in-person registrations
- Data entry and other computer work including MS Office and in-house membership program
- Any other assignments deemed appropriate by supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of six months customer service or receptionist experience
- Communication, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and eager to learn our membership software
- Ability to multi-task
- Keeping cool under pressure
- Knowledge in fitness programs is helpful
The ideal candidate:
- Has clear articulation and ability to communicate and listen effectively.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Adapts to changing work environments and maintains a good working relationship with co-workers, donors, lay people and members.