Location and Job Title:
Assistant Director of Operations for Children, Youth and Family, Day Camps
JCC of Greater Pittsburgh
5738 Forbes Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Responsible for operations oversight and administration.Maintains varied summer assignment.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements short and long range program goals in keeping with the mission and operating goals of the agency.
- Coordinates and executes registration for all JCC children/youth/family division programs, and day camp programs.
- Maintains effective working relationships with parents and children.
- Manages and collects all account receivables.
- Manages system to administer, collect and manage all camper, staff, and division forms.
- Manages all camper, staff, and children files to ensure compliance with Allegheny County, Department of Human Services Standards and the American Camping Association accreditation standards.
- Assists with development and execution of marketing and recruitment plans.
- Assists with budget and finance management.
- Develops and executes standing operating procedures.
- Assists in the supervision of part time Clubhouse After-School Program staff and seasonal personnel.
- Serves as the office manager at James and Rachel Levenson Day Camp during the summer months which includes, but is not limited to: camper registrations, supply orders, telephone answering/messages, summer food service program assistance, supervision of office aides/assistants, and communication with families.
- Coordinates transportation services for day camp.
- Serves as billing liaison for Merck Summer Therapeutic Inclusion Program and Extended School Year balances.
- Maintains agency customer service standards, in keeping with established policies and procedures.
- Actively promotes and maintains agency customer service standards.
- Adheres to Jewish Community Center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates kindness/chesed with fellow staff and members.
- Shows respect/kavod for self, fellow staff and members; honors others as they would honor themselves.
- Works to nurture tikkun middot/character within their role and others.
- Recognizes that the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh gathers individuals representing diverse backgrounds, beliefs and practices.
- Creates a warm and welcoming environment within the agency.
- Generates necessary reports and documentation as needed and/or required.
- Possesses a working knowledge of Jewish traditions, practices and culture.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate personal computers (hardware and software).
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Ability to perform other related duties, as needed and/or required.
May supervise part time and seasonal personnel
Supervision from Division Director
Bachelors Degree in Human Services, Social Work, or related field and at least five years' experience in an administrative capacity, or equivalent combination and experience.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.Occasionally he/she is required to sit.The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds.The vision requirements include:close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.During the summer months the employee is frequently outdoors in a nature type setting.
Act 33/34 Clearance
Mandated Reporter Training
Equal Opportunity Employer