Location and Job Title:
Aquatics Director (Summer Position only)
JCC Princeton Mercer Bucks & Abrams Camps
148 Cedarville Road
East Windsor, NJ 08520
- Develop, implement and oversee aquatic programs that reflect camp needs and maintain the JCC's high standards of quality, safety and caring.
- Remain current and in front of trends and developments in the aquatics area.
- Coordinate the operation (teaching and staffing) of the summer camp swim program.
- Recruit/hire/supervise/schedule/train/evaluate employees. Develop a weekly schedule for all departmental personnel (lifeguards, swim instructors).
- Maintain records and statistics with respect to camp and other aquatics-related programs.
- Supervision of repair and maintenance of equipment and pool facilities.
- Monitor and deliver participant records and certifications.
- Ensure enforcement of pool policies.
- Provide regular checkups and ongoing necessary maintenance to aquatic equipment and facilities (pumps, filters, heaters, etc.) to ensure proper working condition. Report unclean conditions, safety hazards and malfunctioning equipment and if applicable make arrangements for the prompt repair of said equipment.
- Develop and conduct drills for handling emergencies.
- Ensure that pools meet all health and safety standards including a clean environment, appropriate air and water temperature, chemical balance and timely pool water testing and backwashing. Secure pool facilities when not in use.
- Advise of safety and repair needs and concerns immediately.
- Additional responsibilities may be added periodically based upon the needs. Staff should be knowledgeable about our agency and be able to respond appropriately with accurate information.
- Team Member - Serve as a member of JCC Abrams Camps staff team.
The Aquatics Director serves as a member of the JCC Abrams Camps Leadership Team. He/She will provide leadership in the development, implementation, promotion and administration of the aquatics programs that are responsive to the needs of the camp; ensure effective staffing of lifeguards and instructors who lead quality programs and services; and follow JCC and state guidelines for managing an aquatic facility.
- Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
- Certified Pool/Spa Operator Certification (preferred)
- Blood borne Pathogens Training
- Experience managing aquatic staff and swim program
- Working knowledge of pool maintenance and equipment