Location and Job Title:
Assistant Camp Director/Youth & Family Programming Director
JCC of Louisville
3600 Dutchmans Ln
Louisville, KY 40205
Please visit our website at www.jewishlouisville.org
The Assistant Camp Director/Youth & Family Programming Director is responsible for growing family & youth involvement in the J Summer Day Camp and year round programming. The ideal candidate will inspire excellence, provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment where families and children from preschool to teens can participate and have fun in a variety of activities, develop life-long relationships, build skills and cultivate a love for Israel and Jewish tradition. This position is a year-round in position that takes and active leadership role with the J Summer Day Camp, as well. As a part of the Camping and Youth Services Team this position will work collaboratively with the other members of the department and will develop relationships with youth and families.
- Works with the Director of Camp, Youth and Families and the J Summer Camp Committee on the following for the J Summer Day Camp.
- oDevelopment of program content for different age/camper groups
- oImplements desired format of summer camp to ensure all campers have an excellent experience
- oSets and adheres to budgetary guidelines as set forth by the director
- oOversees staffing, including, hiring, supervision and evaluation of full time and part time staff, and/or contracted staff
- Works with the Yachad camper inclusion program and shares the belief that all youth can participate and be successful.
- Oversees the development of the Camp newsletter.
- Creating meaningful social, service, sports, Judaic and educational programming, to inspire and support the department.
- Takes an entrepreneurial approach to create and grow year round youth and family enrichment programming.
- Assists in the development of annual budgets and creates program specific budgets as needed
- Works with the JCC Marketing Department to develop marketing plans and materials to attract registrants for programming.
- Recruit, hire, and train instructors and staff, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in social services, recreation, parks and recreation or related field
- Knowledge skills and ability to engage youth and families
- Experience in developing programming for all ages
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite and willingness to learn additional programming platforms
- Jewish camp experience preferred
Submit cover letter with resume to email@example.com