Location and Job Title:
Women's Locker Room Housekeeping Attendant
Aaron Family JCC of Dallas
7900 Northaven Rd
Dallas, TX 75230
The Jewish Community
Center (The J) of Dallas consists of a 173,000 square foot facility, which
offers social, recreational, educational and cultural activities for all ages -
from toddlers to senior adults. The JCC also serves as a meeting place for
community organizations. The mission of the J is to build a dynamic Jewish
community by promoting the interests and welfare of the Jewish community at a
center where all Jews are welcome; furthering an appreciation and understanding
of a shared Jewish heritage; fostering personal growth of its members through
cultural, educational, social, recreational, and civic activities;
strengthening and enriching Jewish family life; and promoting understanding
with and contributing to the common good of the general community. The Jewish
Community Center of Dallas is a 501c3 non-profit organization.
The Housekeeping Attendant is part of the Housekeeping Department, which is responsible for the housekeeping needs for the JCC facility. This position is responsible for cleaning and other housekeeping tasks. The tasks listed below are by definition not all-inclusive and will have to be repeated several times during the workday, depending on the usage of the facility. This position is classified as Non-Exempt and comes with a benefits package. The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
- Work schedule: Thursday - Monday 8:00am - 5:00pm (off Tuesdays & Wednesdays).
- Overtime: As needed for special events, shift coverage or emergencies.
Sport & Fitness Complex:
- Frequently pick up used towels and laundry bags from the women's and girl's locker room and transport to laundry room.
- Keep control desk at Sports & Fitness stocked with clean towels.
- Sanitize sink, counter tops, toilets, shower stalls, mop floor with sanitizer, dust top of lockers, vacuum carpeted area, wash and refill all dispensers with proper products (soap, shampoo, conditioner, tissue, paper towel, toilet tissue, air freshener etc.)
- Clean mirrors, empty trash containers, replace liners, wipe down benches with sanitizer.
- Keep all stainless steel fixtures, surfaces and rails clean, polished and free of rust and stains (incl. kick-plates on doors and hand rails in pool area).
- Clean and sanitize tennis courts' water coolers as necessary.
- Mop-up and sanitize any spills.
- As necessary, sweep indoor and outdoor pool decks.
- Sweep and mop gym floors and racquetball courts.
- Sweep and clean tennis courts and surrounding areas.
- Sweep and vacuum hallways and stairs.
- Empty and clean all wastepaper baskets and other receptacles. Damp wipe and dry these items, as necessary, to remove stains.
- Wash and clean all water-fountain and damp dry fixtures.
- High dust all furniture, shelves, crown moldings, picture frames, doors (including door louvers and closers) and exposed surfaces of lighting fixtures lenses.
- Dust all accessible interior and exterior window sills.
- Remove fingerprints and smudges from interior doors and windows.
- Sweep and mop interior flooring. Giving special attention to baseboards and carpet borders to assure carpet is dry and unsoiled.
- Wash and rinse all the water pitchers and coffee pots used during the Senior luncheon.
- Keep janitorial storage and sink rooms in an orderly condition.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Assist with set-up and tear-down for meetings and other functions/events.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs and work in inclement weather conditions.
- Provide exceptional customer service and team support.
- Five years of experience in general custodial or janitorial work.
- Must have working knowledge of janitorial supplies and materials utilized on various surfaces and in various locations throughout the assigned area.
- Must be detail oriented and capable of completing assignments with minimal interruption of business operation.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., bend frequently, push, pull and squat to accomplish the necessary tasks.
- Dedicated to punctuality, reliability, friendliness and helpfulness.
- The presence of dirt, dust, and fumes are inherent aspects of this position.
- Must be able to pass a background check.