Location and Job Title:
Moise Safra Community Center
555 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
An entrepreneurial and leadership opportunity for a high-level professional with proven organizational and management experience to staff, program, and energize a new, vibrant and vital Jewish center on the Upper East Side from the ground up.
The Moise Safra Community Center, currently under construction on 82nd Street and Lexington Avenue, is looking for a dynamic, creative and effective Executive Director. The 65,000 square foot building will be a vertical campus of 14 floors with dedicated venues for social, recreational, educational, fitness and fun activities for all ages as well as for worship and Jewish study. The facility will include a pool, fitness center, synagogue and beit midrash, culinary kitchen, dance and yoga studio, elegant banquet space with outdoor terrace and views of the whole city, lecture gallery, caf? and much more. This is a unique opportunity for a talented executive to envision and develop a signature Jewish center combining tradition and innovation to nurture the mind, body and soul in a sophisticated urban setting.
The creation of a new Center offers the right candidate a remarkable opportunity to help found the newest addition to the New York Jewish communal landscape. The successful candidate will be both inspired and inspiring and will, with the Board of Directors, lead the establishment of this beautiful, state of the art center of the community.
S/he will be responsible for:
- The creation, successful implementation and management of the new Moise Safra Center's building, programming, staffing and financial well-being of the Center
- Partnering with the Board to establish the long term strategic direction of the Center and formulate policy
- Day to day operations, membership and high quality membership services, staff motivation and growth, fiscal management, fundraising, and community involvement
- Personal Characteristics
We seek a candidate who has:
- Personal warmth, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to develop rapport with our Board of Directors, adult members, teenagers, children and staff
- Demonstrated energy, intelligence, style, communication and executive leadership skills that will stimulate creativity in programs and services, as well as excellence in how they are implemented and funded
- The ability to successfully interact with other Jewish community leaders across the denominational spectrum and to represent our Center in the broader community
- High personal, ethical and professional standards
- A commitment to enhancing Jewish life and culture; a passion for issues affecting Jewish communities and Israel; a pluralistic view and comfort with all streams of Judaism
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in administrative, supervisory and management positions
- Proven successful management and leadership experience
- BA/BS degree required; MA/MS degree preferred in Jewish communal service, non-profit management, public administration or related field
- Strong record of professional commitment and goal achievement
- Fundraising, human resource development, financial management, strategic planning and program development skills
- Knowledge and appreciation of Jewish culture, with a special understanding of history and traditions
Competitive salary and compensation package is provided.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls, please.