You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Middle School Camp Director
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Bradley Kerxton at firstname.lastname@example.org
The J Camps Baltimore Team is seeking a passionate leader to serve as the Middle School Camp Director for our popular program Top Notch Teens (TNT). Under the leadership of the Senior Director of Operations, this position will manage day-to-day communications and assist with developing the creative direction of the TNT volunteer and Day camp program. This will include, management of TNT staff schedules, placements in younger bunks, Day camp schedule, afternoon electives and workshops, special events and field trips
The position will run full-time from June 20 to August 18, 2023, with additional pre-camp orientation and prep time to be determined.
- Develop an 8 week summer camp program for Teens entering 7th and 8th grade
- Plan and oversee TNT morning tracks (Volunteen and Day camp)
- Place TNT's in morning placement and supervise them as they volunteer
- Plan all afternoon workshops, electives and special events (Including Hershey Park and overnights)
- Supervise TNT staff
- Oversee the logistics of TNT field trips and special events.
- Provide written content for weekly parent emails
- Provide ongoing email and phone communication to TNT Camp families.
- Work cooperatively with camp leadership, counselors, and other departments.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed daily of any concerns or problems concerning campers and facilities.
- Be a consistent role model for campers.
- Ensure that the facilities are kept clean and safe, so that children are in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Ensure that campers know and follow safety procedures during camp programs.
- Assist in overall staff orientation planning and recruitment.
- Plan and implement TNT camp specific staff orientation.
- Send out TNT service letters at the end of the summer
- Maintain highest standards of safety and cleanliness in all sports areas (indoor and outdoor). Conduct routine maintenance and housekeeping checks on all sports facilities and equipment.
- Experience at summer camp or similar environment preferred.
- Willingness to follow / give directions and work as a team member.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to supervise staff.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently and multitask under deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, including Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth, specifically in the area of middle school.
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.