Location and Job Title:
Member Experience Specialist
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
The Member Experience Specialist is responsible for sales of membership and programs to current and potential members. They will develop relationships with prospective members, current members, and other groups in the community to grow our membership base. As an essential part of the Member Services Team, this role stewards the experience of members from initial inquiry to word-of-mouth referral, ensuring that all interactions with the JCC staff and facilities represent the absolute best experience possible.
This person is responsible for being fully knowledgeable about the center and its programs/services, delivering best in class customer experience for all. They must exemplify professionalism and ensure we adhere to the mission of the JCC
This is a full-time position with a base salary of $45,000 before commission and bonus.
- Achieve or exceed individual and team goals through agency sales practices including lead generation, tour scheduling, executing sales, relationship building, and retention
- Be a self-motivator achieving a 50% or higher sales closing ratio
- Create a positive welcoming environment for all those who come to the JCC of Stamford (also known as The J)
- Assist in program sales encouraging member and guest participation. Determine the needs of all to best connect them to the proper department
- Be an ambassador of membership to the community
- Process all new member applications with care. Maintain accurate and up-to-date information in database
- Assist and participate in JCC events, open houses, and special projects as needed
- Follow retention plan for new members
- Respond to all inquiries and phone calls within one business day
- Respond to member customer service issues, including connecting families with appropriate JCC department personnel, reporting on issues of concern to members, and conducting exit interviews with families that have dropped their membership
- Ensure members maximize the quality of their experience by understanding the many values of membership, engaging in friendly, informal conversations with members
- Utilize the JCCs CRM to keep data updated and connected
- Assist welcome desk if needed in coverage issues
- Perform general office assistance and administration duties as required
- Actively participate in agency wide initiatives and propose new programs, services and initiatives to improve the value of membership and the overall experience.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Eli Schaffer at eschaffer@Stamfordjcc.org
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous consultative sales experience in a membership driven organization a plus
- 2 years of retail service or sales experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator, connector and relationship builder
- A positive, warm, friendly and personable attitude
- Strong knowledge of computer software (Microsoft office, email and internet).
- Experience with CRM database preferred
- Strong customer service background
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Confidence to perform on an incentive-based salary
$45,000 - $55,000
The JCC of Stamford is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. We are driven by Jewish Traditions, culture, and heritage.