Location and Job Title:
Bilingual Social Worker (English/Russian)
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Russian Speaking Social Worker
Commonpoint Queens is looking for a qualified Social Worker for our Resilience program. The Social Worker serves as the primary person assessing and providing comprehensive case management services and supportive counseling to individuals attempting to access this program. The Social Worker will be responsible for conducting phone assessments, scheduling individual appointments, completing all program paperwork within the agencys client management system, and completing reporting to the funding source, as needed.
Commonpoint Queens operates under a framework of holistic (social, emotional, physical, and cognitive) services, a Human Development Model of a family-supported, strengths-based intervention, and hope-engendering practice, an individual hired for this Social Worker position will report to the Program Director.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete phone assessments with all callers, make referrals within Commonpoint programs and the community as appropriate and invite in for face-to-face meetings those clients who need further assessment and attention or prefer to meet in person.
- Provide supportive counseling.
- Coordinate the delivery of Kosher food packages from the agencys food pantry to clients in need.
- Oversee referrals to the agencys entitlement specialist for those participants who qualify for such programs.
- Attend outside provider meetings, court hearings, shelter visits, home visits, etc with clients, when appropriate.
- Meet community leaders and rabbis regularly to provide program updates and discuss how the program may need to pivot or expand.
- Work in a collaborative team, including participation in staff meetings, case conferences, funder meetings, and staff development in order to support participant progress.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and data entry for every program participant.
- As part of the Resilience Program will function as part of the professional team and will pick up other Resilience program cases and participate in Resilience program activities when the caseload permits.
- Clients and outreach will primarily be located in Queens but may also extend to Brooklyn at times.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION:
- LMSW required
- Bilingual in Russian and English
- At least 2 years of experience providing case management for adults and older adults
- Interest and cultural competence in working with the Bukharian Jewish community
- Experience working with families and individuals struggling with changing and challenging economic conditions
PREFERENCES for the candidate to have 1 or more:
- Experience providing crisis counseling
- Experience providing mental health counseling
- Experience supporting individuals struggling with addictions
- Experience providing support for families going through a separation or divorce
- Experience with Long-Term Care planning for older adults, Social Security & Medicare
- Experience navigating public benefits for families, working poor, and older adults
Salary range: $52K- $60K depending on licensure and experience.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume, as a Word or PDF document only, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 50 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.