Location and Job Title:
Director, Web & Social Marketing
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
3200 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
APPLY: To apply, please go to external site https://www.jccsf.org/about/careers/
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. Were a community that welcomes everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. All are welcome.
The Director, Web & Social Marketing will own the strategic management of the JCCSFs digital channels including, our website, social presence and overall content strategy. This individual will work collaboratively with marketing, the social media coordinator, and digital media/web agency to devise the strategic direction and development of the website and social initiatives. This person will demonstrate their knowledge of digital content, digital engagement, and marketing technologies to drive optimization of our social experiences and our website funnels to craft the cross-channel experience. This leader will be responsible for the experience of our 'owned' digital channels (web, social, email) and drive their team to build engaging experiences to improve community and driver conversions. This position is supported by an Email Marketing Manager as well as a part-time Social Media coordinator.
- Be responsible for the vision and management of our website, social media presence and email marketing.
- Focus and continually improve the user experience on our website and when making transactions.
- Work with Business Systems team on user experience on our website, including third party platforms.
- Work with our Creative Team to ensure our website and digital channels adhere to our Brand Guidelines.
- Be responsible for the marketing web production process and be the lead with our web agency to ensure efficient delivery of digital projects.
- Evolve owned digital channels (e.g., website, SEO, email, social) leveraging new technologies and strategies to drive engagement, interest and conversions.
- Manage external agency to develop paid digital strategies to meet our revenue goals.
- Manage external agencies and internal teams to oversee the design and creation of all marketing and campaign assets such as emails and digital ads.
- Develop an understanding and build a strategy for account segmentation and activation strategies across digital channels.
- Write and edit marketing copy as appropriate to different vehicles, ensuring consistency of voice and message across vehicles.
- Advise on channel strategies for marketing campaigns including paid, earned and owned media.
- Collaborate with the online marketing and web services teams to advocate for optimal user experiences on campaign and related pages on jccsf.org.
- Maintain accurate and updated project details in the project database.
- Participate in and promote JCCSF events and programs within and outside the Marketing Department, including periodic participation on weekends or weekday evenings.
- Eight+ years experience in marketing at an advertising or creative agency or in a marketing/communications department.
- Very strong ability to write, edit and proofread persuasive and appealing marketing copy.
- Experience with integrated campaigns deploying a full range of digital, social and traditional media channels toward measured objectives.
- Proficient in WordPress.
- Strong analytical skills and passion for analyzing programs, competitors and market dynamics.
- Superb organizational and project management skills and proven success in project management. Strong ability to thrive while managing tight deadlines, multiple simultaneous projects and numerous clients.
- Proactive, positive style with the ability to think strategically and provide creative solutions, the political savvy to drive consensus and the discipline to convert plans into real deliverables.
- Enjoyment of a team environment and occasional departures from specific job duties to work collaboratively on special projects.
- Must be capable in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and can get up to speed quickly with a web-based project management and trafficking tool. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
Working conditions are typical of an office environment. A hybrid work schedule of up to 50% remote work is available, subject to program requirements and team schedules.
Position requires seated or standing use of a computer throughout the day.
Benefited, exempt, supervisory
Full time, 40 hours/ Monday Friday
HEALTH & SAFETY
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work. Please reach out to HR@jccsf.org if you have questions.
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio).