You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Youth Services Coordinator
JCC of Youngstown
505 Gypsy Ln
Youngstown, OH 44504
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Denise Wolf at email@example.com
The Youth Services Coordinator is a full time position that will contribute to the vision, mission and values of the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation by supporting and managing all youth programs for the Jewish Community Center of Youngstown.
J-Care (After School Care Program) and J All Day (School days out)
- Manage scheduling of classes, including monitoring of student attendance and classroom student to teacher ratio. This includes all scheduled and unscheduled J All Days.
- Create the yearly calendar (including field trips) in advance for the program starting in August.
- Maintain and monitor all records, and reports for Step Up To Quality and Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services requirements
- Supervise and manage teachers and coordinate staff schedule weekly
- Work with new families to facilitate appropriate onboarding procedures for new enrollees as required by Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services and JCC
- Develop, lead, and schedule activities, working with JCC staff across various departments to promote physical, mental, and social development through implementation of the Ohio State Learning Standards for Kindergarten - Eighth Grade
- Spend hands-on time with students and staff, getting to know students and assisting staff with programming and behavior management
- Serve as the direct point of contact for parents and guardians of students enrolled in the program
- Apply proper discipline in a caring manner, ensuring that students learn the difference between correct and incorrect behavior, providing appropriate behavior management techniques and intervention where necessary
- Communicate regularly with staff and families, using the One Call Reporting System
BBYO - a youth group for Jewish Teens
1. Oversee volunteer BBYO Advisor
2. BBYO related admin/Financial/Marketing/Communications
3. Chapter / Member Recruitment and Cultivation
JCC Maccabi Games -
1. Serve as and/or Oversee Coaches and Chaperones
3. Athlete Recruitment and Cultivation
1. Oversee Esports Staff
2. Develop and implement Esports programming and special events
J Camp - Summer Day Camp
Community Youth Programming
Plan, develop and implement youth programming, including but not limited to: Parent's Night Out; Social, Educational, Recreational classes/workshops/events; Social Action Projects;
- Plan and facilitate special events and programming for children, teens, and families. These events can occur in the evenings and/or the weekends.
- Work closely with the Camp JCC Leadership Team to organize before and after camp care for Camp JCC.
- Coordinate with Facilities and Maintenance Manager to ensure a high level of cleanliness and appropriate maintenance of spaces used in accordance with all appropriate standards of health, safety, and licensing regulations.
- Purchase and maintain inventory, supervising the allocation of supplies and equipment as directed for J Care, J All Day, and/or Camp.
- Adhere to all JCC and departmental policies.
- Perform other responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the Supervisor.
Bachelor's degree preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience working with school age children and teens, enjoy working with children and their families and have a high level of interpersonal communication skills. Ideal candidate has a high level of organization, able to manage multiple projects at once, and experience with GoogleSuite and Microsoft Office. Candidates must pass an FBI/BCI background check and drug screen.