Location and Job Title:
School Age Child Care Assistant Teacher
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Part-Time: AM/PM Shifts available
Locations: York JCC Gan Tamar campus in York, York JCC Gan Rimon campus in Jacobus, York Academy Regional Charter School (YARCS)
Overview: The principle duties of the School Age Child Care Assistant Teacher include: collaborating with the Lead Teacher to develop, implement, and evaluate daily classroom plans and activities, coordinating daily activities and supervising Teaching Aides in the absence of the Lead Teacher, overseeing the physical well being of the children, maintenance of the classroom, classroom materials and equipment, and contributing to the overall operation of the School Age Child Care Program.
- Collaborate with the Lead Teacher to provide a nurturing environment in which all children feel welcomed and secure.
- Meet Keystone STARS standards.
- Adhere to the standards outlined in the JCC Early Childhood Program Handbook for:
- Following DHS regulations
- Communicating with families
- Care of facility and equipment
- Record keeping
- Health and safety procedures
- Teamwork, including regular attendance of staff meetings
- Attend regular meetings for the School Age Program and the JCC.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus 30 credits in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Human Services, or an equivalent field; or
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus 15 credits in the above fields and one year experience working with children; or
- High school diploma or equivalent, and two years' experience working with young children
- Positively and actively promote the JCC's mission, membership, programs, events and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public
- Provide excellent customer service to JCC members, staff, and guests by adhering to the JCC Consumer Code of Conduct
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to participate in children's active indoor and outdoor play
- Must be able to work in varied temperatures and weather conditions
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming