Location and Job Title:
Adult Enrichment Program Coordinator - PT
Milton & Betty Katz JCC
501 N Jerome Ave
Margate City, NJ 08402
The Adult Enrichment Program Coordinator develops cultural and educational programming working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. This gives our community an opportunity to explore the numerous cultural, educational, recreational and social activities for adults. The Coordinator will help them learn new skills, travel the world, discuss current events, and much more. Offering a myriad of recreational, social and educational programs for adults that provide the opportunity for personal growth, intellectual enrichment, skill development, and social networking.
Main responsibilities include planning and implementing programs, events, lectures, and adult educational classes. Fundraising and budgeting experience preferred. A background in marketing is a plus. Understanding of working with lay leadership and Jewish not-for-profit structure is helpful.
The Adult Enrichment Program Coordinator is responsible for fulfilling the programming mission, to be the center of arts and culture at the Katz JCC. Through the curation, development, and implementation of programming which includes film, literary/author events, music, special events and performances, lectures, and art.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND
- Direct cultural arts and educational programs, developing and managing the scope of events, classes, lectures, and art gallery space(s)
- Cultivate lay leadership and work with committee volunteers to develop programming and grow participation
- Develop programming partnerships and coordinate with contracted programs and service providers for the efficient and effective delivery of programs and services
- Create annual program budgets and manage spending on a regular basis.
- Implement a marketing plan to generate program participation and event ticket sales
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within deadlines
- Strong customer service experience and approach with the ability to interact with the public and staff in a positive, enthusiastic, and courteous manner
- Detail-oriented to ensure the precise execution of programs and events as planned
- Ability to work as a team with other members of the staff
- Presenting and reinforcing a professional appearance and maintain the JCC's appearance and dress code standard at all times
- Thrives in an environment where situations change and adapting to change is second nature
- Must have knowledge of computers, particularly word processing and customer service management software - Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday; flexible hours.Weekends, evenings and holidays as required.
Position reports to Associate Executive Director
Class instructors and Volunteers
Serves as a liaison to the Art Gallery Committee and Adult Committee
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong computer, administrative, and organizational skills
- Interacts well with members, clients, colleagues, and guests
- Good telephone skills
- Be knowledgeable about our center and be able to respond appropriately with accurate information
- Strong Judaic background
- The position should have a minimum college degree of BA.
- Experience supervising staff and developing schedules and class schedules, as well as good member relation and staff relation skills.
Covid-19 Vaccination to work at the JCC
$25,000 - $35,000
- Mission Advancement: Supports the Mission, Vision and Direction of the JCC: Displays the JCC values of Caring, Respect, Responsibility and Honesty as well as displays flexibility and the ability to accept change. Is willing to try new methods and make/take suggestions. Shows a strong commitment to the JCC, conveys enthusiasm for the JCC and for his/her work. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
- Collaboration/Community: Understands and embraces the role of volunteers; helps members and participants make connections to others and to the JCC; practices effective relationship building techniques; assists in achieving the JCC mission. Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Takes initiative to assist in developing others. Treats everyone with courtesy, respect and consideration; displays integrity; listens actively and genuinely; communicates in a clear and pleasant manner; embraces differences among people. Consistently greets and assists everyone in a positive way; strives to provide service that will exceed expectations; responds to concerns and complaints in a way that makes each person feel valued; initiates action for prompt resolution; looks for better ways to serve and involve members, participants, internal customers and others.
- Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings, required trainings and other work related activities, demonstrates responsible actions, consistently performs duties in a safe manner, follows standards, policies and procedures, is reliable an consistently punctual, and uses J resources appropriately and efficiently. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up- to-date knowledge and skills in technology. Demonstrates an active willingness to learn and grow; accepts constructive criticism; works cooperatively as a team member.