Location and Job Title:
J Camps Assistant Inclusion Director
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
The J Camps Assistant Inclusion Director, under the leadership of the J Camps Inclusion Director, and working closely with the J Camps team, will assist in the management and oversight of the J Camps summer inclusion program. This will include assisting with staff training, supervision, behavior consultation, crisis management, program modification, and communication with staff and participating families.
The position will run full-time from June 24 to August 16, 2024, with additional pre-camp orientation. Part-time hours starting in May 2024 are preferred for the ideal candidate.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist with mandatory orientation sessions for summer inclusion staff (camper advocates) and general camp staff.
- Collaborate with Inclusion Director in the supervision of camper advocates.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to camper advocates, including creating and implementing camper recreation plans.
- Get to know and work directly with campers in the inclusion program to ensure that support needs are being met and the camper is having the best possible summer experience.
- Work with camper advocates throughout the summer regarding Inclusion and behavior management, both proactively and as situations arise.
- Provide the opportunity for success for all participants by adapting activities, managing behaviors, and providing any additional assistance as needed.
- Encourage social interactions between and among all campers.
- Protecting the health, safety, and welfare of all campers.
- Serve as a role model to both campers and camp staff.
- Attendance at Staff Meetings, Family Nights and other special events.
- Provide immediate assistance and crisis management to summer inclusion staff and general camp staff as necessary.
- Communicate with parents and staff regularly and in a timely manner as deemed appropriate by Inclusion Director.
- Assist Inclusion Director and the camp leadership team in staff scheduling and other relevant administrative duties.
- Evaluate the Inclusion Program (including the success of staff and individual campers) during and after the summer to make program recommendations.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A minimum of three years of work experience in special education, social work, or a related field to include children with developmental, behavioral, or physical disabilities.
- The ability to develop positive, effective working relationships with staff, parents, participants, and community members.
- Effective teaching skills, the ability to deliver excellent member service, and a high level of enthusiasm are required.
- Poise and professionalism when addressing concerns and interacting with people, including issues of confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in special education or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of State and Federal rules and regulations as they pertain to children with special needs.
- Additional training and certifications in behavior intervention and crisis management such as CPI or PCM, is desired.
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to spend time sitting and using a computer, laptop or phone. The employee may also be required to frequently be on their feet for long periods of time. The employee will be required to be outside for extended periods of time and must be able to sustain time walking in hot temperatures.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment may be fast paced and requires high energy and interaction with others. The workspace may be noisy, at times.
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.