Location and Job Title:
Specialty Group Fitness Instructor (Les Mills BodyPump, Group Cycle, Tone, Sh'Bam, Silver Seniors)
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview: This position under the direction of the Fitness Director is responsible for conducting safe, effective, creative, and enjoyable exercise classes by providing excellent leadership, quality instruction, and high energy motivation.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to class, prepared to begin and end class on time. Responsible for own class coverage when unavailable to teach.
- Greet members warmly, enthusiastically and by name (smiling, eye contact), maintaining an atmosphere that motivates long-term participation and member retention.
- Educate participants on proper form, anatomy, training principles and modification of moves. Be accountable for accurate class attendance records.
- Place the safety and needs of the class first and maintain a positive exercise experience for the participants. Strive for required class attendance target numbers as designated by the Fitness Director. Responsible to provide legally purchased music appropriate for the exercise format, quarterly releases and/or other continuing education
- Clock in and out for every class on ADP
- Actively communicate with the Fitness Director via email, text, or phone.
- Keep the equipment, studios, and storage areas clean and organized
- Ensure that class participants are caring for the equipment and wiping down after use.
- Keep current with the JCC program guide and cross-reference the JCCs promotions to group fitness participants through class shout-outs.
- Maintain proper use and care of all instructor equipment including mics, music, stereo equipment and cables. Report any damaged or broken equipment to the Fitness Director in a timely manner.
- Dress appropriately for class format and demonstrate role model technique.
- Attend all fitness department meetings.
- Must be flexible to sub other classes when needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to JCC members, guests, and staff by adhering to the JCC Employee Code of Conduct and Staff Code of Caring.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Successfully complete 1 hour in-house training
- CPR/AED with First Aid Certification must be current and maintained
- Demonstrate a mid- to high-range level of instructor knowledge and continuing education
- Must hold, provide proof of, and maintain a nationally recognized specialty certification completion required for the class (LesMills programs, Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, Zumba, and other formats as approved by Fitness Director). o Instructors who have completed any Les Mills initial training may only team teach until video is submitted and proof of a pass score is approved.
- Zumba instructors must remain in active status on the Zumba network
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to perform all skills you are scheduled to teach
- Physically fit to lead class at the appropriate level and with role model presentation
To apply, please send resume/cover letter to email@example.com
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming