Location and Job Title:
Lifeguard ($15 per hour starting)
I.J. & Jeanne Wagner Jewish Community Center
2 North Medical Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84113
Are you looking for a fun summer job? Join our Aquatics Team! (We can certify you!)
As a lifeguard at the Jewish Community Center, you will provide our members and guests with the highest level of customer service while ensuring their safety in a fun and community oriented environment!
What we offer
- Fun summer position ensuring the safety of our members, campers, staff and guests at the best pool in Salt Lake City!
- Opportunity to work with an awesome team and make new friends
- Paid inservices & ongoing training.
- Competitive hourly rate starting at $15/hour
- Free access to the JCC gym, fitness classes, and pool
- Paid breaks
- Free food at staff meetings/trainings
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Fun staff parties through the summer!
As a lifeguard at the Jewish Community Center, you will provide our members and guests with the highest level of customer service while ensuring their safety by making sure they know and follow all pool rules. This position requires a valid Lifeguarding certification (which we can provide), ability to sit outside in various weather conditions, and perform cleaning duties as assigned.
- $15/hr + (depending on lifeguard experience and years guarding)
- Membership to JCC Facility for you and an additional adult of your choice (Includes access to our workout facility, group fitness classes, basketball court, pool, and more!)
- Discounts on programming
- Flexible Schedule
- Part-time or Seasonal Full-Time positions available.
- Paid Mandatory Staff meetings once per month, generally on Saturday mornings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prevent accidents, incidents, and other hazardous issues
- Provide customer service to all members and guests
- Cleaning duties/Chemical testing as assigned
- Enforcement of rules
- Understand rules, policies, and procedures as stated in the lifeguard manual as well as how to respond to any and all emergencies
- Respond to all emergencies
- Assist fellow staff in tasks
- All other assorted minor jobs assigned by the Aquatics Head Guards/Supervisor
- 15+ years of age
- Valid Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
Contact Maddie Day, Aquatics Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org 801-581-0098 ext. 112 to learn more and apply.
We are a vibrant community center full of people of all ages, faiths and family configurations, coming together in peace to strengthen their minds, bodies and spirits.
Enriching the life of the Jewish community and the community at large by offering educational, cultural and recreational opportunities in a place where people of all backgrounds, cultures and beliefs gather in peace and understanding.