Location and Job Title:
3960 Montclair Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
General Position Summary
The Communications Manager oversees communications efforts and initiatives for the Levite Jewish Community Center. This position will work closely with leadership in all departments to implement both internal and external communications and marketing. Responsibilities include crafting messaging and content for internal and external audiences, managing social media accounts, managing website content, and serving as a point of contact for media and public relations.
- Work directly with all department heads to coordinate communications for internal and external audiences
- Manage external media relations and write press releases
- Oversee content and publication of weekly newsletter
- Assist with communications strategy and marketing for special events such as the Sam Lapidus Montclair Run and the Food Festival
- Manage content and increase engagement on all social media platforms
- Develop metrics and track analytics of communication efforts
- Oversee creation and final approval of all printed materials (banners, posters, special event promotional materials, etc...)
- Take photographs and record video as necessary for social media and web content
- Attend and serve as support staff for LJCC fundraising events
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, communications, marketing or a related field
- 2-3 years of relevant communications experience
- Demonstrated previous experience in writing and editing
- Experience managing branded social media accounts
- Experience with WordPress or a similar Content Management System
- Experience with Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud
- In July of 2021 the Levite Jewish Community Center (LJCC) Board and Administration approved a policy requiring all LJCC staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This policy is to ensure the LJCC is a safe place for all members to experience wellness and community. All employees must be fully vaccinated before their first day of work.
Recurring office work environment with occasional variations from the norm. Job involves a moderate degree of complexity. Operates independently with minimal supervision.
Have flexibility to work different hours. Frequent interruptions may occur. Maintain a clean and professional appearance. Some Holiday and weekend work may be required. Must be able to sit,
45,000 - 55,000
LJCC Identity Statement
Through the lens of Jewish identity and values, the Levite Jewish Community Center provides a welcoming, family-oriented gathering place for a diverse membership to engage in a meaningful experience of the mind, body and soul.
LJCC Vision Statement
The Levite Jewish Community Center will be recognized as a model for member-centered, high quality Jewish programming, education and recreation. We will be known for superior facilities and visionary leadership through financial sustainability and community outreach.
LJCC Core Values
- We cultivate memorable life experiences and meaningful relationships
- We pursue collaboration within the Jewish and broader communities
- We empower individuals to learn and understand Jewish values
- We provide a welcoming and open environment
- We embrace and celebrate diversity
- We encourage wellness of the mind, body and soul
- We connect our community to the people of the State of Israel