Location and Job Title:
Arthur M. Glick JCC of Indianapolis
6701 Hoover Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46260
The Infant Teacher, working with children ages 6 weeks through 18 months, will collaborate with the infant teaching team to create a safe and loving environment for our youngest learners.The Infant Teacher will provide an environment which nurtures each child's social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsive to each child's individual needs and schedules.
- Maintain accurate daily records through Remini.
- Develop an emergent learning environment implementing The Creative Curriculum, Early Learning Foundations, and Sheva Center Framework.
- Plan and maintain a consistent routine and classroom management using a supportive, positive redirection approach.
- Collaborate with teaching teams to create relevant learning concepts and extend project-based learning in meaningful ways.
- Document children's developmental progress and interest using Remini communication platform.
- Provide care and active supervision to children and demonstrate an elevated level of responsiveness to needs as they arise maintaining a physically and emotionally safe environment for learning.
- Build a supportive relationship with families.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or Related Field with at least 6 college credits in Early Childhood Education preferred; OR
- Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education; OR
- CDA required
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in an Early Childhood Education program required;
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must be CPR & First Aid Certified.
- Knowledge of child development and/or early childhood education;
- Knowledge of licensing regulations in a licensed childcare center;
- Knowledge of general safety rules and basic first aid;
- Ability to provide compassionate care and interaction;
- Ability to manage and balance a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work effectively in teams and individually;
- Ability to always exhibit good judgment, maturity and stability;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Actively maintains and promotes JCC customer service standards
The work environment is fast-paced and the position requires high mobility, standing, walking, bending, reaching, and sitting on the floor at the child's level.Must be able to lift and carry young children up to 40 pounds.
$35,000 - $45,000
Whether you come to the JCC to work out, swim, shoot hoops, hang out at the water park or bring your kids to a class, you can count on feeling better when you leave than you did when you came in. You'll find that the JCC is so much more than fitness. Our members come from all walks of life and have interests ranging from childcare to water aerobics; from summer camp to adult continuing education; and from yoga to boot camp. We're situated on 40 beautiful acres on Indy's northwest side. We invite you to see for yourself why we say: Open to everyone. Something for everyone. Visit www.JCCindy.org, call 251-9467 or stop in for a tour.