Location and Job Title:
Staff Kids Coordinator
Capital Camps & Retreat Center
11300 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Please apply externally at https://capital.campintouch.com/ui/forms/applicati...
As a staff member at Capital Camps, all staff members should be able to:
- Serve as a positive role model for campers of all ages
- Develop positive relationships with individual campers and staff
- Adapt well to feedback / criticism, always yearning to learn/grow as a professional and as a person
- React to complex situations, make quick decisions and solve problems while protecting the interests of the campers and of camp
- Collaborate with staff members and supervisors, asking for help when needed
- Pay attention to detail
As a Leadership Team member at Capital Camps, responsibilities include:
- Supervise college-aged counselors and specialists working in unit or activity area.
- Have an intimate knowledge of camper and staff social, physical, and emotional status at all times - recognizing that each individual is unique.
- Participate in regular staff meetings as part of the Leadership Team.
- Participate in ongoing staff training throughout the summer.
- Model positive and appropriate behavior at all times.
- Develop, implement, and supervise unit and camp-wide special events and evening programs.
- Participate in Shmira (supervision) when needed, including late at night. Evening Shmira typically lasts until 1:00 am.
- Work closely with the Program Team on daily schedules to assure the successful execution of all programmatic curricula.
Additional responsibilities as a Staff Kids Coordinator include:
- Accompany campers to daily activities, including swimming, sports, and arts
- Collaborate with other members of the Leadership Team on special projects and daily schedules
- Assist specialists in activity areas including set-up, implementing activities, and wrap-up
- Engage all campers in activities, including those who are reluctant to participate
- Facilitate time when campers are in cabin such as Nikayon (clean-up), Menucha (rest hour), and Shower Hour
- Assumed responsibilities for other staff members as needed in the event of staff absence
- Assign specialists to activities / prepare schedules which notify them of their obligations in advance
Our 2023 summer season is from Sunday, June 11 - Tuesday, August 15 (includes staff training weeks). We are looking for a great Staff Kids Coordinator with proven success in supervision and working with young children.
Capital Camps is the premier Jewish community overnight camp in the region. Our program is designed to ensure only the highest possible standards of supervision, program and facility. At Capital Camps, we inspire our campers and staff to grow as individuals and to build Jewish communities through meaningful challenges and shared experiences. Camp is brought to life by a summer staff team of approximately 175 individuals with incredibly diverse backgrounds. As a summer staff member at Capital Camps, you'll receive intentional training and gain opportunities to grow and develop in a wide variety of skills and settings, all while having a ton of fun!