Location and Job Title:
Teen Engagement Manager
Tucson Jewish Community Center
3800 E River Rd
Tucson, AZ 85718
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Josh Shenker at email@example.com
The Teen Engagement Manager provides leadership and overall management and oversight of all things teen and "tween" at the Tucson JCC.Key aspects of this role include being present and being the warm and welcoming "face" of teen and "tween" programs, ensuring innovative and dynamic programming, and exceeding expectations while meeting the needs of those being served.A primary function of this and every other job at the "J" is to ensure by whatever rational and legal means necessary that each member, guest and visitor leaves the "J" feeling just a little better than when they arrived.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of relevant programmatic strategy and goals
- Responsible for creating, implementing, and maintaining relevant programmatic budgets including annual budget creation, monthly review and analysis, and reforecasting
- Will serve as the Tucson City Director for BBYO.This will include administration and oversight of all Tucson BBYO programming, attending weekly meetings and any events or conferences, recruiting teens and communicating with families, and recruiting and supervising advisors
- Responsible for "tween" and teen engagement at the J.This includes the development of both relationships and programs with and for "tween" and teen age groups, planning and organizing activities that inspire Jewish pride and identity, and creating a learning environment which fosters individual exploration and greater global understanding.
- Will lead or support summer programming. This may include a support or leadership role within Camp J, BBYO summer programming, and/or other program initiatives.
- Will lead and/or support Tucson's JCC Maccabi delegation. This will include serving as Delegation Head or Assistant Delegation Head.This may also include serving in a leadership capacity in hosting the JCC Maccabi Games.
- Will attend and lead all trips and overnights applicable to the above responsibilities
- Will work with the Marketing and Communication Department to develop a marketing plan for publicity, storytelling and recruitment
- Will work with the Development team to identify external funding opportunities and grants
- Will participate as an active member of the Tucson JCC Tzevet team, communicate and work collaboratively with other JCC departments, and fulfill other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 1-3 years related experience
- Experience working with youth, teens, and families
- Proven success developing personal connections with youth
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions, and community
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Availability and ability to travel throughout the year for a variety of programs, events, and conferences
$35,000 - $45,000
The Tucson Jewish Community Center is a 110,000-square-feet facility built in 1989. With more than 2,000 families and 5,000 members, the J is open to the Tucson community of all faiths.
We offer a robust schedule of events ranging from Arts & Culture to Sports & Wellness to Children & Family. At the J we offer something for everyone from 0 to 99!
Our beautiful Foothills location offers the perfect setting for your meeting, wedding, or other special event. Our trained professional will help you with all your rental needs, including catering.
If fitness is your main goal, we offer a full fitness facility and more than 100 free weekly classes included in your membership.
We are proud to offer a privately funded preschool serving 300 children during the school year from six weeks to pre-K. Additionally, we offer after-school care for elementary-aged children and provide transportation from over 20 schools daily during the school year.
Most importantly, we offer a sense of community and acceptance to the entire Tucson community. We invite you to step inside and feel the energy of the J!