Location and Job Title:
Jewish Community Alliance of Southern Maine
1342 Congress St
Portland, ME 04102
The JCA is seeking a part-time (20 hour/week) bookkeeper to assist with the daily financial operations of the organization. The bookkeeper will work in collaboration with the Finance Director and Executive Director to record financial transactions, maintain financial records, complete required tax forms, record receivables and manage payables, and provide reports to senior leadership. We are seeking someone who is skilled, trustworthy, detail-oriented and organized, who takes initiative and works efficiently.Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain records of receivables in QuickBooks and prepare gift acknowledgements
- Enter payables and cut checks
- Manage monthly ACH batch payments for Goldman Family Preschool
- Manage four direct-deposit batch payments for Center Day Camp between February and June each year
- Assist with filing
- Assist with grant reporting
- Assist with annual audit preparation
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Salary: The bookkeeper role is a part-time (20 hour/week) non-exempt position with starting
pay of $18-20 per hour depending on experience and education. The specific
daily/weekly schedule can be set together with the successful applicant.
- High school diploma or equivalent; degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or relevant field experience
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience (non-profit experience preferred)
- 2+ years QuickBooks experience
- Excellent communication and math skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Positive attitude and ability to collaborate collegially with colleagues
- Reliable and honest
- Enthusiastic about the mission of the JCA
- COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
The JCA's mission is to enhance and promote Jewish life and continuity locally, in Israel and throughout the world, and to generate the financial resources to develop, provide and support diverse programs, education and services in order to accomplish these goals.
The JCA is a collegial, familial work environment.We are dedicated to measurable outcomes and the highest level of programmatic excellence in serving our community.
Interested in joining the JCA? Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to volume, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.