Location and Job Title:
Group Exercise Instructor
Bonnie & Donald Dwares JCC of the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island
401 Elmgrove Ave
Providence, RI 02906
The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island is currently accepting applications for part-time positions for: GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR. We are looking for motivated team players comfortable working in a structured environment. Our members provide our community fitness center with dedicated clientele, and we encourage a strong customer service focus in our team.
This position is looking to fill Weekends and Weekday evenings.
As our new Group Exercise Instructor, you will:
- Instruct members for complete duration of exercise class, and deliver a safe, knowledgeable, enjoyable, motivating, educational, and professional class.
- All classes are live, and some are streamed virtually via Zoom.
- Ensure proper technique throughout class.
- Be prepared with a class plan and appropriate music
- Ensure all equipment is functional and safe for use by members.
- Be able to identify issues and provide proper modifications, adapting when needed.
- Be trustworthy, professional, and reliable with sensitive health related information about members.
- Communicate effectively and positively with members.
- Positively represent the Dwares JCC at all times.
- Current group exercise certification (ACSM, ACE, AFFA, etc.) or specialty certification required.
- Must have current CPR/AED certification.
- Current First Aid certification preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of teaching experience preferred.
The Jewish Alliance's Dwares JCC provides social, cultural, educational, recreational and wellness-related programs to the Jewish Community and the greater Rhode Island community. It serves individuals and families and welcomes all ages, faiths, and backgrounds.
To apply:Send resume and cover letter to Nikki Long at email@example.com