You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Summer Camp Inclusion Counselor
Jewish Silicon Valley / Addison-Penzak JCC
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
To apply, please send cover letter to Jennifer Eichholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
*** No Nights or Weekends Required and Full Gym/Pool Membership if hired ****
$16.00 to $17.00 per hour
Under the direction of Youth & Camp Director and the Inclusion Camp Coordinator, the Inclusion Camp Counselor will be responsible for the safety and supervision of their 1:1 buddy. Inclusion Camp Counselors will assist in making sure their buddy is included and will serve as a counselor for the rest of the cabin.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high quality level.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience:
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Experience working with children with special needs preferred
- Current American Red Cross CPR for Child and Adult
- Current American Red Cross First Aid Certification
- Completion and clearance of background fingerprint assessment via JSV specific Livescan location.
- Must have the knowledge of campers' whereabouts at all times.
- Actively facilitate camper development in Outdoor Recreation Activities, Social Skill Development, Values, Multi-Cultural and Environmental Awareness.
- Maintain a positive attitude and conduct with total staff team as a positive adult role model.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of campers of all ages, interact appropriately with campers in a variety of situations, appropriately model behavior and use positive behavior management techniques, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, good sportsmanship, and self-control.
- Creatively adapt and individualize activities to the specific needs of 1:1 buddy
- Understand and implement the behavior/care plan specific to include but not limited to ability, behaviors, restroom, pool and physical and/or cognitive aides.
- Assist the general camp counselors and campers to adapt materials and activities to be inclusive as often as needed
- Adhere to and enforce Camp policies and procedures and operate day camp activities in a safe manner at all times.
- Communicate with parents via send home communication log.
- Attendance at staff meetings and pre-camp training. (mandatory)
- Be prompt to all work assignments and adhere to day camp daily schedule and operating calendar.
- Enforces and adheres to camp procedures and policies.
- Maintains all camp equipment and supplies.
- Adheres to daily day camp operating schedule.
- Facilitates camper development.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Camp Leadership.
Specific Certification Requirements:
** Employees at JSV may have availability to attend in-house Certification courses, please check with Camp Director as to availability
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
**Ability to work traditional business hours as well as non-traditional hours as business dictates, to include but not limited to weekends and evening.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must possess the ability to make sound independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
Other Skills, Requirements, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Ability and willingness to work as a "team"
- Organized and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Able to set and meet deadlines
- Willing to follow directions and take initiative
- Understanding of the JSV and Camp Shalom mission as well as a commitment to be a positive role model
- Even-tempered and able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing priorities.
- Support and assist with Jewish content in the camp curriculum
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- The physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related skills.
- Ability to support campers change of clothes and application of sunscreen
- Understand and adhere to privacy policies.
- Ability to assist campers in and around the pool (not Life Guard)
- Ability to get on the floor to participate and supervise activities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch.Also required to climb, push, and pull. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to lift, carry, or physically support campers as needed.
- Ability work both in an outside and inside environment, different temperature extremes.
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
JSV is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the JSV and its employees.
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.