Location and Job Title:
Tucson Jewish Community Center
3800 E River Rd
Tucson, AZ 85718
A primary function of this and every other job at the "J" is to ensure by whatever rational and legal means necessary that each member, guest and visitor leaves the "J" feeling just a little better than when they arrived.
Under the general supervision and direction of the Tucson J President and CEO, the Executive Assistant (EA) provides high-level administrative support to the CEO and additional members of the executive team as requested. The EA serves as a liaison for the CEO, Board of Directors, and other functions within the JCC, and supports effective governance by the Board through facilitating Board communications, preparing for meetings, recording minutes and retaining detailed and accurate records. The EA also supports our philanthropic efforts with preparing and processing donations, reports, donor records, and donation tax acknowledgment correspondence. This position may involve coordinating event logistics for projects relating to the CEO.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Executive Support
- Collaboratively manage scheduling for the CEO, with the CEO, and leverage CEO's time by anticipating and proactively addressing needs and priorities
- Arrange travel logistics for CEO including accommodations, transportations, and itinerary preparation
- Develop and maintain systems to provide CEO with efficient and confidential access to information
- Draft and edit correspondence, presentations and reports on behalf of CEO as requested
- Conduct research and analysis to support CEO and Senior Leadership Team management and decision making
- Maintain office supplies and anticipate needs for new purchases in a cost effective and timely manner
- Support the Senior Leadership Team, committees, and/or task forces by attending meetings, taking notes, and providing follow-up on tasks and assignments
- Support the CEO in other projects and priorities as needed
2. Board Support
- Prepare for Board, committee, and/or task force meetings through timely provision of materials
- Support the CEO in producing Board reports, meeting agendas, and materials
- Coordinate Board, committee, and/or task force meeting logistics
- Attend Board, committee, and/or task force meetings, take minutes, and coordinate filing
- Compile and maintain Board, committee, and/or task force contact information and details
3. Philanthropy/Development functions
- Distribute weekly reports of donation gifts by campaign
- Provides administrative support for the annual fundraising activities
- Processes donations and write tax acknowledgment letters
- Support the J's cultivation and stewardship of donor relationships
4. Other administrative functions
- Answers, screens, and notates incoming phone calls through operating multi-line telephone system, and directs inquiries appropriately
- Maintains an updated and accurate calendar in outlook and room reservation program
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis and operates and administers the organization's Stamps.com account
- Communicates with parties as needed on behalf of management to help facilitate day to day business matters
- Designs and implements forms for use within office by applying knowledge of software applications and updates as needed
- Maintains and improves electronic and hard physical filing system for correspondence, business matters, and other related data
- Maintains files in an organized and accessible manner to include updating information, purging files on a regular basis and creating new filing systems as needed
- Inventories and orders office supplies and equipment as needed and directed
- Operates standard office equipment efficiently to include: multi-line telephone, facsimile machine, calculator, computer with printer, photocopy machine.
- Additional and various administrative support as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate's degree (A. A. / A. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two-five years related non-profit or business experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong experience using Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Zoom, Adobe, and file sharing platforms such as Dropbox, and project management tools like Asana and Teamwork
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Good judgment and strong inclination to be proactive
- Resourceful and creative in problem-solving
- Able to interact with senior-level executives and sophisticated donors
- Ability to manage projects, organize and complete complex tasks and prioritize multiple assignments, and deliver on a timely basis
- Ability to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer/database skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Proficiencies with technology, including databases, and willingness to adapt to new technologies
- Associate (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite: 1 year (Preferred)
- High level executive support: 1 year (Preferred)
- US work authorization (Preferred)
35,000 - 45,000
The mission of the Tucson Jewish Community Center is to cultivate and enrich Jewish identity, ensure Jewish continuity, foster wellness, and broaden communal harmony.
We strive to be an outstanding (perhaps the pre-eminent) Jewish Community Center in North America.
We create community-based on Jewish values by providing the highest quality programs and services in a safe and secure environment for all people of all ages.