Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood Director
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
The Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC) Director provides leadership and vision to all Gordon JCC programs serving 100 children from six weeks through five years. Bringing best practices in early childhood education, the Director will be responsible for curriculum development and implementation, promoting and nurturing a welcoming and engaging atmosphere, and ensuring standards of excellence in each classroom. S/he will be excited by directing a high quality Early Childhood program and Leadership team.
The Director should possess outstanding relationship management skills and have a passion for working with children and families. S/he must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to work collaboratively with ECLC and agency-wide staff, parents and community members. This full-time, full-year position is part of the management team of the Gordon JCC and reports to the Executive Director.
The Early Childhood Director (ECD) will be responsible for:
- Ensuring a safe, healthy and intellectually stimulating environment for all participants, children, families, and staff, in ECLC programs.
- Understanding the importance of relationships with our families, from the moment of first contact, to giving a tour, to welcoming children each day, and finally through effective and timely communication with our parents.
- Successful implementation of a developmental, child centered, and constructivist approach to teaching, with both secular and Judaic components, meeting Tennessee Early Learning Developmental Standards and NAEYC principles.
- Supervision of 30 teachers and enrichment specialists, including providing orientation and continuing in-service and professional development.
- Compliance with TN DHS licensing requirements, at a 3-star level, including keeping staff and student records up to date and to DHS specifications.
- Strategic planning of classrooms to embrace the changing demographics and developing norms in early childhood education.
- Development and maintenance of budgets to ensure that programs are effective and performed at a progressively high level with appropriate resources.
- Working with Gordon JCC Marketing department to develop publicity materials for the marketing and recruitment of ECLC participants.
- Working with the Early Childhood Parent Committee to ensure that the committee is properly staffed, mentored, facilitated and guided by lay leadership.
- Participation in Gordon JCC Center-wide organizational programs and events.
- Attendance at professional conferences as time and funding permits.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Leslie Sax at Leslie@nashvillejcc.org
- Forward thinking and well-versed in current educational theories and early childhood curricula
- Successful at building strong, mutually respectful relationships
- 5+ years demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience
- Bachelors degree ECE/Education, Masters preferred
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn and embrace Jewish life, traditions and culture, as well as ability to integrate these concepts appropriately in program, environment and with staff
- Strong organizational, writing and speaking skills and talent for articulating the organizations mission and core values
$55,000 - $65,000
The Gordon JCC Early Childhood Learning Centers embrace families of all backgrounds and cultivates a connection to Jewish values and traditions. With practices rooted in research, our teachers work collaboratively to nurture the gifts of each child, encourage a questioning mind, spark creativity and foster independence. The Gordon Jewish Community Center is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational, educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with their Jewish neighbors. Competitive salary and benefits including health insurance, vacation, Center membership and discounts. The Gordon JCC is an equal opportunity employer.