You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Health and Fitness Director
I.J. & Jeanne Wagner Jewish Community Center
2 North Medical Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84113
HEALTH & FITNESS DIRECTOR
HOURS:Full Time Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Chief Operating Officer
A function of this and every job at the J is to ensure that each member, guest, and visitor leaves the J feeling just a little better than when they arrived.
The Health & Fitness (H&F) Director will set direction and vision for the H&F department including development of action plans, on-going training programs, modeling, and communication of vision with staff and participants. This position will manage all H&F staff, independent contractors and interns, related areas, and programs including but not limited to; group fitness, personal training, small group training, Pilates, winter cycling, pickleball and basketball.
This is a highly visible position requiring relationship building and regular availability to members and staff, attendance at all relevant meetings and JCC functions, and also includes aspects of Membership related to new member customer service and integration (onboarding), member retention, managing member issues, and promotion of the JCC as a whole. This position may also play a role in development as it relates to H&F department and/or the JCC as a whole.
This position is responsible for the preparation and management of Health & Fitness budgets to meet or exceed department goals; hiring, management, training and termination of staff working within the departments; scheduling programs, directions for marketing, maintenance oversight, and coordination/collaboration with other JCC departments to enhance programming and service to members; ensuring maintenance, cleanliness, and safety in all areas and for all equipment; and development of new programs and income opportunities.
- Manage all aspects of departmental budgets including preparation, management, evaluation, and reporting.
- Directly supervise and evaluate Health & Fitness Operations Manager, Health & Fitness Operations Assistant, independent contractors and any other staff working in the Health & Fitness department.This person will oversee supervision of all Health & Fitness staff not directly supervised.
- Oversight of all full and part-time staff, independent contractors, and interns within departments including, hiring, supervision, training, evaluation and ongoing professional development.
- Support administration of payroll for all H&F employees and independent contractors.
- Work with Membership Director to ensure all new members are familiarized with H&F departments, retain current members, and provide excellent customer service.
- Continual evaluation of program offerings/relevance, member needs, best use of space, and facility and equipment condition and upkeep.
- Collaborate with other organizations and other JCC departments to benefit our members, the agency and the community.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Ability to fill-in for classes/teaching with proper certifications as needed.
- Perform other related duties as needed including attending meetings as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (related work experience may be substituted for education).
- Preferred Certifications: Group Fitness Certifications, Personal Training Certification, American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and management skills including coaching, communicating processes, disciplining, motivating, promoting process improvement and reporting.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office word processing, spreadsheets and database.
- Experience preferred working with children and/or developing children's programming
- The position requires the ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing, the ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required and the ability to perform other related duties as needed, required or assigned. Finally, this position requires patience, organization and a sense of humor.
(education, sports, recreation, etc.).
We are a vibrant community center full of people of all ages, faiths and family configurations, coming together in peace to strengthen their minds, bodies and spirits.
Enriching the life of the Jewish community and the community at large by offering educational, cultural and recreational opportunities in a place where people of all backgrounds, cultures and beliefs gather in peace and understanding.