Location and Job Title:
Director of Early Childhood & Family Engagement
Betty & Milton Katz JCC
1301 Springdale Rd.
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
The Director of Early Childhood and Family Engagement will be responsible for the leadership and operations of our program including the following:
- Development and implementation of a vision for excellence in early childhood education
- Develop and implement curriculum and programming for children and families based on developmentally appropriate practices
- Create an ambience of being the leading school in our community of outstanding professionalism and innovation.
- Engage with parents and potential families in a manner that encourages confidence, enthusiasm and insures participation.
- Develop, Implement, and monitor annual budget
- Manage a large professional staff
- Develop fee structures that are consistent with the program value, market, and competitor school offerings
- Direct program compliance with New Jersey state licensing.
- Provide staff and faculty with meaningful professional development opportunities, ongoing supervision, observation, and regular evaluation.
- Work collaboratively with other JCC internal departments and community organizations
- Create and strengthen the gateways where young Jewish families can participate in Jewish life with an emphasis on helping them enjoy a seamless continuum of Jewish experiences in their homes at, the JCC and in the community.
- Oversee maintenance of the Early Childhood facility
- Work with JCC marketing department in the development of an Early Childhood marketing plan
- Work at the recruitment of new students and retention of existing students
- Work with Early Childhood committee and JCC Board lay leaders to build and support programming and community
- Demonstrate strong written, oral, and computer-based skills
- Master's degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field
- Minimum of four years management and/or leadership experience overseeing an early childhood program
- Child Development Associate (CDA) certification
- Appropriate state licensure
- CPR and first aid certifications
$65,000 - $75,000
The Katz JCC is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of Director of Early Childhood and Family Engagement. The Katz JCC's Preschool has been a cornerstone of the South Jersey community for decades and we are looking for an outstanding visionary leader to continue and strengthen this tradition. We are a play-based school serving children from 6 weeks old until kindergarten. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated knowledge of Jewish values and traditions and experience integrating Jewish culture into early childhood curricula as well as extensive experience creating and Implementing Innovative early childhood curricula, strong relationship building abilities, organizational skills and a deep understanding of child and family development.