You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Program Director of Sports & Recreation
Michael-Ann Russell JCC
18900 NE 25th Ave
North Miami Beach, FL 33180
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Dror Gershoni at email@example.com
The Program Director of Sports & Recreation is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the following programs and services, including planning, budgeting, scheduling, staffing and promoting of the Basketball, Flag Football, Aquatics, Gymnastics, Tennis, Soccer, Karate classes, camps and leagues. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism providing oversight and support to the supervisors of each of these departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide oversight for all operations and systems and deploy staff accordingly including but not limited to; budgeting, scheduling, program registration, marketing, purchasing, equipment & facility upkeep and maintenance, hiring, terminations, payroll, coverage schedules, development and implementation of all sports programming for children and adults.
- Ensuring effective ongoing communication with members, parents and program participants for all sports programs and services.
- Assist in the promotion of the sports department and integration with other JCC departments to ensure
the productive, effective and efficient operation of the agency.
- As a professional representative of the agency, maintain proper relationships with public and private
agencies for the purpose of developing inter-agency programs.
- Work in a Senior staff capacity during Summer Camp.
- Work with Committees and Sub-Committees as appropriate.
- Oversee the development and management of departmental budgets.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
- The MARJCC offers a competitive benefit package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, participation in a 403(b)retirement plan, paid time off, complimentary family membership to the MARJCC, discount on all MARJCC programs and professional development opportunities.
- Market-competitive salary.
- Bachelor's degree in Sports, Fitness or Recreation Management (Can be substituted for significant experience).
- Relevant experience in managing sports leagues, coaches and relating with parents of program participants.
- Understanding of and ability to manage departmental budgets.
- Customer Service oriented with strong communication skills.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve efficiently.
- Prior Community Center Experience a plus.
$65,000 - $75,000
The Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center/Sanford L. Ziff Campus is dedicated to the enrichment of Jewish life and fosters the spiritual, emotional, and physical development of its individual members through all of life's stages and circumstances.
"The Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need."