Location and Job Title:
Martin Pear JCC
12701 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
The Martin Pear JCC seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist
with marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent
opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working in a
non-profit organization. The Martin Pear JCC Communications Internship is a
professional skills internship to assist the Marketing Team in implementing
organizational communications and marketing strategies across the agency. The
Communications Intern will work independently and in a team to fulfill organizational
goals and initiatives related to marketing programming and events.
- Ability to meet and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders: JCC leadership and staff, members, preschool parents, camp families, etc. to gather and draft content
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Genuine enthusiasm for creating compelling marketing materials to support The J programming
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of the organization's mission
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing emails and e-newsletters
- Update all bulletin boards around building on an ongoing basis
- Assist Content Strategist in updating and maintaining The J's social media presence, including daily monitoring, posting, scheduling, and reporting Facebook updates
- Provide input for creative marketing strategies and social media campaigns
- Manage editorial calendars
- Create online advertisements as needed
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications
- This position is open to Undergraduate, rising Juniors and Seniors, and Graduate Students.
For more than 70 years, the Valley of the Sun Jewish Community Center promoted personal, cultural, social and physical development to members of the Jewish and the overall Scottsdale/Phoenix community. In December 2019, the Valley of the Sun JCC was named the Martin Pear JCC after former Executive Director, Martin Pear.
Opening in 1945, and at its current location on the Ina Levine Jewish Community Campus since 2002, the Martin Pear JCC remains dedicated to the well-being of people of all ages and faiths, and strives to maintain the highest standards for facilities and programming through classes, services, and events that meet the needs of the greater community. As we like to say 'You belong here.'
Martin Pear JCC is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization.