Location and Job Title:
Jewish Educational Alliance
5111 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31405
The Savannah Jewish Educational Alliance is searching for passionate, dependable, friendly Maintenance/Janitorial Staff.
As a key member of the JEA maintenance team, this position provides essential maintenance support to the Jewish Educational Alliance. Specific duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Responsible for daily set up for events and programs in the building
- Ensure that the building and grounds are kept clean and maintain safety standards for all campers and staff
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining bathrooms, shower/locker rooms, gym, hallways etc.
- Collect and remove garbage from the interior and exterior of building.
- Ensure all program equipment is locked down at the end of shift.
- Facilitate or assist with small repair projects around the building
- Provide assistance to Maintenance Supervisor
PREFERRED requirements include:
- Demonstrated light maintenance and janitorial skills
- Knowledge of hand and power tools helpful.
- Ability to deal with frequent interruptions
- Ability to identify safety hazards and act accordingly
- Ability to carry out proper cleaning procedures on a daily basis
- Ability to complete task to the highest standards possible
- Ability and desire to work independently and as a team member with the community and other employees
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral)
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Ability to use working knowledge of working environment to meet established goals and objectives
- Positive, upbeat and enthusiastic about working in a non-profit environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently and the willingness to work flexible hours!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Frequently stand for long periods of time (up to 90% of working hours)
- Move within your work area (bend, stoop, squat, twist, reach, climb) Ability to climb, push and pull
- Constantly position yourself to adjust housekeeping equipment
- Operate housekeeping machinery
- Exposure to natural and chemical substances
- Communicate across a variety of mediums
- Transport items up to 50 lb.
Where can you find a highly rated preschool, health club, racquetball court, gym, and pool in the same facility? Where can your mother join in on senior programs with other older adults, and your son play in a basketball league with all of his buddies? What if you were able to drop your kids off at day camp, book a personal training session, and then meet your friends for a Yoga class? All this and more happens every day at the JEA.
Discover your community at the Jewish Educational Alliance. Since 1912, the JEA has been dedicated to ensuring a strong and vibrant Jewish life and community for generations to come. Our summer camp and wide array of enriching activities provide opportunities for you to discover your community through innovative programs designed to meet the needs of everyone from infants to adults. Regardless of your age, faith or background, you?re welcome here. So please, explore our website and stop by for a tour of the JEA. We look forward to serving you.
With over 250 locations across the Nation, we are lucky that there's a JCC right here in our community!