Location and Job Title:
Executive Administrative Assistant
760 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
Executive Administrative Assistant
JCC MetroWest in West Orange, New Jersey is seeking a full-time Executive Administrative Assistant.Reporting to the Director of Community Engagement and Development, the Administrative Assistant provides support for the Chief Executive Officer, Director of Community Engagement and Development, Director of Operations and other members of the executive management team.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Provide support for the Chief Executive Officer, Director of Community Engagement and Development, Director of Operations and other members of the executive management team
- Oversee, maintain, and become proficient in data entry, organization and functionality of the agency's databases, which include, but are not limited to, Donor Perfect, Qgiv, Elevent, CSI Spectrum, Campminder, Boardable, Mailchimp and Brivo
- Perform administrative duties such as preparing reports, submitting invoices, scheduling meetings, and handling other projects and administrative tasks as assigned
- Assist in nurturing established, successful relationships between the JCC and our donors and cultivating meaningful relationships between the JCC and new donors, including but not limited to, corresponding with donors and participants regarding pledges, invoices, thank you letters, renewals, etc.
- Assist the Finance Department in reconciling financial data on development revenue and expenses
- Assist in preparation of development and arts-related events and programs including issuing contracts, securing permits, maintaining supply inventory, event registration, maintaining lists of participants, program data and budgets, and preparing reports as needed.
- Provide on-site and/or virtual event support, such as ticket sales and participation check-in
- Work with program staff and facilities to manage external programs and rentals
- Assist in answering phones, scheduling meetings and welcoming members and guests to the Executive Suite
- Board of Trustees communications, including, but not limited to, managing board database, preparing board minutes and agenda, scheduling of meetings, and preparing reports
- Support with projects and needs as they arise
- Requires long periods of standing or sitting.
- Moderate use of computer terminal screen, right or left-hand use, typing.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to the attention of Michele Watkins, Director of Operations, at email@example.com.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
- Very strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in maintaining database technologies
- Superior project management skills and ability to prioritize and balance numerous tasks with accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of discretion and ability to maintain strict confidentiality and data security
- Personable, motivated, energetic and a self-starter
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
- This position is based in West Orange, NJ with the expectation of regular work in the office
$45,000 - $55,000
Welcome to Your JCC!
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs.
Our main facility, the Leon & Toby Cooperman JCC, located in West Orange, NJ, and our 20-acre day-camp, Camp Deeny Riback, located in Flanders, NJ serve the Jewish communities west of NYC, including Essex, Morris, and Union counties.