Location and Job Title:
Toddler Ones Team Leader and Mentor Teacher
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
The Toddler Team Leader and Mentor Teacher will have the opportunity to create a classroom environment and learning activities that reflect the knowledge that our youngest learners are natural born scientists and explorers. In this position you will act as the Lead Teacher in our One Year Old Classroom and will mentor other educators on your team who are working with our youngest learners. Salary of up to $60,000 for the ideal candidate
- Create and Utilize an inquiry-based curriculum that inspires curiosity and promotes learning and growth across areas of development: social, physical, language, creative arts, math, science, cognition
- Support other team members in lesson planning
- Ensure that the curriculum and Learning Experience Plans are shared with all all Classroom team members
- Communicate with the Director when supplies are needed
Support and Communication
- Observe and assess the developmental needs of each child.
- Share observations with families on areas of interest, strengths, and challenges.
- Support and model for other classroom staff high quality educator/parent communication
- Identify when additional assessment or interventions may be necessary.
- Serve as a role model and facilitate collaboration between teachers in the classroom.
- Establish positive communication with parents in daily conversation and formal parent conferences that facilitate the free flow of information about their children.
- Utilize the Tadpoles to to send home Daily Reports to each family, oversee and support classroom staff in the writing of the Daily Reports
- Ability to and interest in mentoring less experienced teachers.
- Participate in team meetings for planning curriculum, other staff meetings and trainings, and other JCC staff meetings.
- Participate in parent orientations, parent conferences, and community-wide activities and celebrations.
- Ability to facilitate peer to peer professional development.
- Continue professional development through workshops and classes.
- 3-10 years of experience in an ECE setting working with children under the age of 3 and 24 or more completed ECE units.
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree highly preferred.
- Knowledge of current research and practices in early childhood education.
- Proficient in various skill areas such as planning, scheduling, record keeping, classroom environmental design and arrangement, classroom management.
- Competent in various skills areas, such as music, art, science, literacy, mathematics, language development, and physical development.
- Maintain First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Ability to be on your feet and work a full 8 hour shift, 5 days per week.
- Ability to sit on the floor and to get up and down with ease.
- Ability to lift and carry a child, and help children with clothing, shoes or other needs.
- Ability to diaper change or help children with toilet needs.
- Quick reflexes to respond to the needs of children.
- Ability to work with teams of teachers in classroom settings.
- Ability to speak with parents
$45,000 - $55,000
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.