Location and Job Title:
Digital Media and Content Specialist
800 Foster City Blvd
Foster City, CA 94404
This key position uses the full complement of digital expertise in web, social, and email to reach current audiences while engaging and building the base. In today's environment, digital reach is increasingly important to gain and retain, all while informing the marketplace of the amazing activities and offerings that only the PJCC can provide to the north peninsula.
The Digital Media and Content Specialist (DMCS) is inspired by creative content that compels engagement and action, and brings a passion for influential storytelling. With strong writing, editing, and project management skills, the DMS is able to manage detailed projects with tight timelines to meet and exceed strategic goals.
The DMCS will manage influential digital marketing content development and deployment, multi-channel communications, and video production for diverse PJCC business units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Work with Marketing Team and collaborate with Digital Media Manager to plan, execute, and analyze digital and traditional marketing strategies and tactics, including and not limited to: diverse social media channels, multiple PJCC websites, e-mail campaigns, online advertising, some print materials and sales collateral, and video production.
- Collaborate on management of website content keeping content and graphics fresh and updated.
- Act as point of contact with website design agency and assist with planning for website upgrades in collaboration with marketing team. Document scope and specifications for new site features and pages.
- Assist in planning updates for seasonal camps, coordinating content with camp team; and work with marketing team to create website layout/graphics for developer.
- Report on web data using Google Analytics and make recommendations on ways to improve the site.
- Create compelling content (copy, photos, graphics, video, slides) communicating to multiple audiences to create greater engagement amongst various communities within the PJCC.
- Present new content ideas and promotions in line with stated objectives.
- Implement social media promotion campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Yelp, Nextdoor accounts.
- Support planning and development of content calendars; schedule and post content on regular basis.
- Analyze metrics to measure and report on effectiveness and provide recommendations to marketing team.
- Capture photos and create video; process and edit for use in social media as well as other digital and print platforms.
- Set up and launch email campaigns leveraging in-house data segmentation and creative.
- Write subject lines that get email opened and copy that creates results.
- Test email subject lines, creative, copy and CTAs utilizing best practices to increase results.
- Assist with creating the email production calendar.
- Contribute to other communications with clever, compelling and engaging language as appropriate, including some print content.
- Drive the creation of original concepts that result in effective and compelling communication.
- Support various departments to develop promotional plans; coordinate with marketing team, and execute to achieve their strategic goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
3+ years Marketing and Communications and/or Digital Marketing
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Marketing Communications, Advertising, Digital Media
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Competencies
- 3+ years experience in digital media marketing and website management
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Must have a passion for social media and current trends
- Expert Digital Content Writing Including Email and Social Media
- Strategic Thinking and Creativity
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communications
- Excellent Project Management skills to manage multiple projects
- Basic HTML a plus
- Good familiarity with photography, video, and editing skills
- Knowledge of Day Camp, Preschool, After School Programs, and/or Fitness industry an advantage
- Knowledge of Jewish Culture, a plus
- Samples of diverse written samples required
- Weekend and evening hours are required at times for programs and events
55,000 - 65,000
Welcoming with joy people of all ages, faiths, and backgrounds, our innovative Center provides programs and services designed to meet the needs of everyone from infants to seniors.
Come work out in our 50,000 square foot Byer Athletic Center; take a class at our Koret Learning Center; create a lifetime of memories for your children at our award-winning preschool or at Camp Keff.
At the PJCC we believe in a 'Wellness Your Way' approach to overall wellness. Wellness Your Way is an integrated approach to help youth and adults of all ages experience greater well-being by helping you identify your own, unique wellness formula and create a plan to put that formula to work in your life.
Your personal wellness formula serves your whole life, and it is unique to you. Your formula includes Nourish, Move and Engage activities that are the building blocks of a life well-lived.