Location and Job Title:
Assistant Program Director, JCC Talent
520 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018
Come be a part of a dynamic, fun, fast-paced, diverse, and growing team of caring and passionate Jewish community professionals who seek to strengthen and diversify the pipeline of talent in the Jewish community and enhance the workplace experience for tens of thousands of professionals and lay-leaders.
The Assistant Program Director, JCC Talent will work collaboratively across all departments of JCC Association and with JCC Professionals at JCCs (Jewish Community Centers and Jewish Community Camps) throughout the continent to help deliver on the broader talent goal for the JCC Movement: to be recognized as a leader in talent in the non-profit sector, in which professionals and lay-leaders have enriching opportunities and paths for growth. JCC Talent does this enhancing Jewish learning, fostering cultures of inclusion and belonging, and strengthening talent infrastructure all of which nurture thriving workplaces in which all individuals feel valued, empowered, and respected.
The Assistant Program Director, JCC Talent will help direct multiple signature and pilot talent offerings for JCC Association and be a key collaborator on major talent initiatives and continental gatherings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and help direct multiple JCC Talent Cohort Offerings, with duties including:
- Oversee participant recruitment and selection process
- Manage relationships with participants and their JCCs leadership
- Act as key liaison to agency partners, including oversight of experience design and implementation
- Measure project success in preparation for reports to funders and marketing promotions
- Represent and report on talent offering progress and impact to the rest of JCC Association team
- Partner with Program Associate, Talent Development on Talent Offering project administration
- Help vision and curate JCC talent offerings and initiatives as part of the Talent Strategy collaborative team
- Organize and execute multiple components of JCC Talent continental, regional, and local gatherings
- Support the direction of JResponse in partnership with VP, Talent Strategy / Director, JResponse
- Fulfill relevant and related duties to meet above deliverables as required or assigned.
- This position is based in New York City with the expectation of hybrid work, with approximately 60%-100% time in the office.
- Sporadic continental travel may be required.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship is required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
JCC Association offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Salary: $75K Annually
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Eight paid legal holidays and up to 13 paid Jewish holidays. In addition, the office closes early on the eve of three Jewish holidays.
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave, family leave, medical leave, jury duty leave and bereavement leave
- Flexible benefit plan
- Pre-tax salary deductions for transit
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance
- Retirement plan
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to Mark S. Young, Vice President, Talent Strategy / Director, JResponse, at firstname.lastname@example.org, No phone calls please.
TEAM MEMBER WILL BRING THE FOLLOWING INTERESTS AND STRENGTHS:
- Passionate about nurturing talent and career growth, with their own eagerness to learn and grow
- Highly organized, detail oriented, reliable, and responsible, meeting deadlines and anticipating needs
- Kind, caring, collaborative, a great listener, and eager to contribute their own ideas.
- Strong and clear verbal and written communicator.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Jewish community, with particular experience and strong interest serving the Jewish community program and talent development space
- Previous full-time experience in programming, human resources, education, non-profit, or leadership development space preferred at a manager level preferred.
JCC Association of North America leads and connects the JCC Movement, advancing and enriching North American Jewish life. With 1.5 million people walking through the doors of more than 170 Jewish Community Centers and Jewish Community Camps (JCCs) each week, the JCC Movement is the largest platform for Jewish engagement on the continent. JCC Association, the convening organization of this dynamic network, partners with JCCs to bring together the collective power and knowledge of the entire JCC Movement, including 12,000 full-time and 41,000 part-time and seasonal professionals. By supporting them, together we enhance and strengthen Jewish life throughout North America. Learn more at JCCA.org or on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter..