You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Camp EMT/ Medic
Jewish Silicon Valley / Addison-Penzak JCC
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Jennifer Eichholtz at email@example.com
*** No Nights or Weekends Required and Full Gym/Pool Membership if hired ****
$21.00 - $23.00 per hour
Under the direction of the Camp Director, the Summer Camp EMT/Medic will ensure that safety and wellness are implemented in the day to day functions of Summer Camp. The Summer Camp Medic will also ensure that all required medical information/forms are up to date and filed correctly for all campers. Summer Camp Medic will be responsible to administer medication to children that require such medications. The Summer Camp Medic will also communicate any and all safety or medical issues with parents, staff, and administration as needed. This person's primary function is to ensure campers are provided the highest level of safety and wellness during their time at Camp Shalom.
Areas of Responsibility
- Application of basic first aid for campers with injures
- Be on call in the event of an injury. React quickly to all minor and major injuries. Assess and act accordingly. Contact Emergency Medical Response if needed (911)
- Ensure all camper medical records are accurate, organized, and on file.
- Administer medication to campers as needed/ prescribed
- Check and monitor first aid supplies and order new supplies as needed
- Be vocal and communicate all potential activities, equipment, etc. that can pose risk to campers. Being Pro-Active to avoid an injury is our goal including being in communication with our facilities team to remove any potential hazards or maintenance.
- Document all care given in the Camp Nursing log. Report to Camp Director and parents as needed
- Speak with Camp Staff at staff meetings about pro-active approaches to avoiding injuries
- Ensure Camp workspace is clean, organized, and presentable
- Maintain good public relations and communication with day camp parents when needed
- Communicate with facilities director on the Emergency Action Plan in the case of an emergency during camp hours.
- Ensure Camp Shalom operates in a safe manor at all times
- Attend and participate in Camp Shalom staff meetings
- Complete required weekly paperwork and reports
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Ability and willingness to work as a "team"
- Organized and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Able to set and meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic and dependable
- Willing to follow directions and take initiative
- Understanding of the JSV mission as well as a commitment to be a positive role model
- Even-tempered and able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing priorities.
Effect on End Result: The effectiveness of this position will be measured by:
- Purposeful and coordinated programs that advance Camp and JSV strategic goals, good public relations, sound financial position and good records systems;
- A positive working environment that allows for creative thinking, positive attitudes, teamwork and self-development.
- Permeation of Tiferet (contributing to the greater good) throughout all JSV programs, services and interactions. This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Qualifications and competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high-quality level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience:
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Physician Assistant (PA), or EMT certification
- Experience working with children in an organized capacity
- Minimum two years' experience working in the medical field (preferably with children)
- Minimum of 20 years of age prefered
Specific Certification Requirements
- Current American Red Cross CPR for Child and Adult
- Current American Red Cross First Aid Certification
- Completion and clearance of background fingerprint assessment via JSV specific Live scan location.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, members, donors and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must possess the ability to make sound independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
Working Conditions/Physical requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforces safety regulations, and applies appropriate policies and procedures.
- The physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related skills.
- Ability work both in an outside and inside environment, may involve different temperature extremes.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Also, may be required to climb, push, and pull at times.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Disclaimer:
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between JSV and its employees.
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.